OOC Thread for Scotley's Tomb of Horror's 3.5

Scotley

Hero
Scott DeWar said:
i feel so very duh-ish lately:

Scotlyey

we really were pretty close! i would have taken a train down this weekend, but amtrack goes through memphus, but not nashville. sorry i couldnt stop by and say hi.

as for my character, i have given him a name and have done initial special equipment...just to re-interate, 15 000 gp, right? and can you post in the first post information such as hp rules or any special stuff such as how many extra bunus feats we get?

Actually it is 36,000 gp for gear. I restated the character generation rules at the top including information on rolling hit points and extra bonus feats if anyone is interested.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
previously posted by Scotley :
Extra bonus feats: None

well, you cant blame me for trying anyway

as for the 36 k for gear, i did say i was feeling really duh-ish, didn't i?

Scotley

Hero
You can play with 15k if you want, but I wouldn't recommend it. For future reference the information can be found at the bottom of page 135 of the DMG. Wizards choose not to make this information open content, so you can find it in the SRD or websites.

It is probably best that you didn't try to drop by Memphis, given the case of the duh-ish ness you had you might have take an wrong turn at Albuquerque and ended up in Canada. :lol:

I supose it was rude of me to suggest that there was information about bonus feats. Please forgive my somewhat cruel sense of humor.

Scott DeWar

no worries...i took it as a fun way of saying "no" , and you are right about the wrong tun in Albuquerque, just probably in my own boring back yard instead of exciting canada (eh).

(if any canadians are offended by the (eh), please tell me off and then forgive me.)

and i think that i will accept the 36K gp and not try to work with 15 k. i have some questions on the javalin sized and spear sized portions of the quiver of elahona...

can you put arrows in those compartments?

and

how many arrows can you fit in those compartments if placed in say tied off bundles of 10?

the main answer woould be based off the question of just how big is the haft and head of a javalin and spear? I might be able to find that info tomorrow...neeeeed sleeeeep now....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Scotley

Hero
If I understand the question you want to use an efficient quiver (I use the generic name because I never spell that goddess' name right) to hold more arrows and less other stuff? I'm okay with using it for more arrows, but I'm not okay with making it a discount bag of holding or handy haversack. The simple way to do it is just to say that you have a quiver with two arrow compartments of 60 each and no javelin compartment. You'll still need the big compartment for your bow--and 5 other larger items. I don't think you'll find a use for more than 120 arrows on this adventure. If you really want to put a little money into special racks that hold ten arrows in a spear sized space I guess you could squeeze in another 50 in the compartment with the bow. You could have those made up for 5 gp each by a competent carpenter. If I let you stay at missile range for 85 rounds during this adventure, I'm won't be doing a very good job running the monsters.

Scott DeWar

previously posted by the dm:
The simple way to do it is just to say that you have a quiver with two arrow compartments of 60 each and no javelin compartment.

that sounds good. I have actually run out of arrows on pr4viously played adventures and that is always a bad thing!

Scott DeWar

i will have the finalization of my character this weekend. we won't be playing the table top game due to two of our group being absent for family reasonsof a good nature. (a father and son) that is half of the group, so i have no gaming this weekend, therefore no excuse!

Remove ads