• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Thread for Warcraft D20 PbP - My life for the Horde... (Calling Verbatim)

Voadam

Legend
I only played WoW I as well and the only book I have is the manual of monsters and the pdf gazeteer lands of conflict from when dtrpg.com had it as a free promotional offer. I'm exploring the new warcraft world from the perspective of an ignorant troll barbarian and enjoying learning about things as we go.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Hmm, I don't have the revised book and don't know if I can get it any time soon, but if shaman's now a core class Garrak is going to need some changes. I may keep the level of barbarian to keep things simple (I had originally taken it to better meet the prereqs for shaman PrC), but I don't know how that would work with the new shaman class since I lack the book.

Verbatim

Explorer
Evil Ujio: [sblock]Sorry for the delay, but just woke up after my shift. Could I see what the next Tauren racial lvl gives? I am leaning towards taking that and just one lvl of scout, but wanted to see before I made that call and finished him up all the way. The eqiup is updated, so after I make that last call, I will repost the edited char.[/sblock]

Verbatim

Explorer
Evil Ujio: Have edited the sheet and updated everything as best I could.

All: Feel free to look at the sheet and let me know if I made too many huge errors. Greyhorn's initial gear is aimed solely on reflecting his status as a Rover. He would carrry only the bare essentials and in the most efficient way possible.

Looking forward to getting to meet all of you IC.

[sblock]
Greyhorn the Rover
1st lvl Tauren/1st level Warrior/ 1st-level Scout
Neutral Good Medium Humanoid (Tauren)
Hit Dice: 1d10+1d10+1d8+6+3 (33/33)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30'
Armor Class: 16 (10 base, +4 Armor, +2 Dex)
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+3
Attack: +6 melee (mw Tauren Halberd 2d6+4, x3); +6 melee (Shortspear 1d6+4, x2); +5 melee (Quarterstaff 1d6+4/1d6+4, x2); +2 ranged (Composite Longbow 1d8+3, x3); +2 ranged (Javelin 1d6+4, x2, 30ft); +3 ranged (Shortspear 1d6+4, x2, 20ft)
Full Attack: +6 melee (mw Tauren Halberd 2d6+4, x3)
Space/Reach: 5'/5'
Special Attacks: Tauren Charge
Special Qualities: Martial Weapon Prof Longspears and Shortspears, Weapon Familiarity Tauren Halberds and Tauren Totems, +2 racial bonus w/ Handle Animal and Survival, +1 attack rolls with Longspear and Shortspear
Saves: fort +6, ref +4, will +2
Abilities: str 18, agl 15, con 15, int 10, wis 11, cha 8
Skills: Climb +6 (2), Craft (Weaponsmithing) +2 (2), Handle Animal +3 (3), Heal +3 (3), Knowledge (Nature) +3 (1), Listen +4 (4), Ride +4 (0), Spot (2), Stealth +6 (4), Survival +8 (4)
Feats: Track (1st lvl Scout bonus), Animal Affinity(1st), Toughness(1st lvl Fi Bonus),
XP: 3000/6000
Weight: 315lb
Height: 6'9"
Languages: Common, Taur-ahe

Equipment: 2700gp
Quiver of the Long Hunt (Quiver of Ehlonna)
MW Tauren Halberd
Composite Longbow*** (Str +3) w/60 arrows*
18 Javelins**
Quarterstaff***
Shortspear***
Chain Shirt
backpack
bedroll
flint & steel
whetstone
Spidersilk Rope 50’
Rover outfit (explorer equiv)

*Held in first part of quiver (60/60 filled)
**Held in second part of quiver (18/18 filled)
***Held in third part of quiver (3/6 filled)

Description:
Greyhorn was named for the single gray horn he developed as he came of age. The horn is fully developed on his left side, with little more than a small nub marking the area on the right. While to many of the smaller races Grayhorn may appear large and imposing, he has not hit his "growth" as his people see it. They are hoping that while traveling he will develop fully as one of the clan. His time as a Rover has atrophied his already limited social skills and while he knows contact with others are a necessary evil, he does not go out of his way to make it happen.

Greyhorn’s mane is a russet hued color with deep set brown eyes that have made some strangers think the slow talking Rover is an easy mark. However, while it does take Greyhorn a little longer to grasp some concepts, he is no fool.

While his possessions are few, Greyhorn carries a finely crafted ashwood bow and a tauren crafted halberd of masterwork quality. His one concession to the dangers he faces as a Rover is to wear a shirt of worked steel mesh. The metal feels unnatural to him, but it has saved his life on several occasions.

History:
Among the taurens, there are those chosen to patrol the boundries of their homeland and provide an advanced warning should any danger be spotted. It is often a lonely road to travel, but for those who do it, a great deal of respect is given. Greyhorn is one of the few who can handle the strain of separation from the clan and while he has been a Rover only a short time, he knows this is the path the Earth Mother has destined for him.

Greyhorn has taken to patrolling further and further north of Thunder Bluff. There has been an increase in activity by the porcine Quillboars and Greyhorn does not want his people caught unaware should they turn their eyes southwards towards the plains his tribes call home. [/sblock]

Evil Ujio

First Post
Verbatim said:
Evil Ujio: Have edited the sheet and updated everything as best I could.

All: Feel free to look at the sheet and let me know if I made too many huge errors. Greyhorn's initial gear is aimed solely on reflecting his status as a Rover. He would carrry only the bare essentials and in the most efficient way possible.

Looking forward to getting to meet all of you IC.

[sblock]
Greyhorn the Rover
1st lvl Tauren/1st level Warrior/ 1st-level Scout
Neutral Good Medium Humanoid (Tauren)
Hit Dice: 1d10+1d10+1d8+6+3 (33/33)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30'
Armor Class: 16 (10 base, +4 Armor, +2 Dex)
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+3
Attack: +6 melee (mw Tauren Halberd 2d6+4, x3); +6 melee (Shortspear 1d6+4, x2); +5 melee (Quarterstaff 1d6+4/1d6+4, x2); +2 ranged (Composite Longbow 1d8+3, x3); +2 ranged (Javelin 1d6+4, x2, 30ft); +3 ranged (Shortspear 1d6+4, x2, 20ft)
Full Attack: +6 melee (mw Tauren Halberd 2d6+4, x3)
Space/Reach: 5'/5'
Special Attacks: Tauren Charge
Special Qualities: Martial Weapon Prof Longspears and Shortspears, Weapon Familiarity Tauren Halberds and Tauren Totems, +2 racial bonus w/ Handle Animal and Survival, +1 attack rolls with Longspear and Shortspear
Saves: fort +6, ref +4, will +2
Abilities: str 18, agl 15, con 15, int 10, wis 11, cha 8
Skills: Climb +6 (2), Craft (Weaponsmithing) +2 (2), Handle Animal +3 (3), Heal +3 (3), Knowledge (Nature) +3 (1), Listen +4 (4), Ride +4 (0), Spot (2), Stealth +6 (4), Survival +8 (4)
Feats: Track (1st lvl Scout bonus), Animal Affinity(1st), Toughness(1st lvl Fi Bonus),
XP: 3000/6000
Weight: 315lb
Height: 6'9"
Languages: Common, Taur-ahe

Equipment: 2700gp
Quiver of the Long Hunt (Quiver of Ehlonna)
MW Tauren Halberd
Composite Longbow*** (Str +3) w/60 arrows*
18 Javelins**
Quarterstaff***
Shortspear***
Chain Shirt
backpack
bedroll
flint & steel
whetstone
Spidersilk Rope 50’
Rover outfit (explorer equiv)

*Held in first part of quiver (60/60 filled)
**Held in second part of quiver (18/18 filled)
***Held in third part of quiver (3/6 filled)

Description:
Greyhorn was named for the single gray horn he developed as he came of age. The horn is fully developed on his left side, with little more than a small nub marking the area on the right. While to many of the smaller races Grayhorn may appear large and imposing, he has not hit his "growth" as his people see it. They are hoping that while traveling he will develop fully as one of the clan. His time as a Rover has atrophied his already limited social skills and while he knows contact with others are a necessary evil, he does not go out of his way to make it happen.

Greyhorn’s mane is a russet hued color with deep set brown eyes that have made some strangers think the slow talking Rover is an easy mark. However, while it does take Greyhorn a little longer to grasp some concepts, he is no fool.

While his possessions are few, Greyhorn carries a finely crafted ashwood bow and a tauren crafted halberd of masterwork quality. His one concession to the dangers he faces as a Rover is to wear a shirt of worked steel mesh. The metal feels unnatural to him, but it has saved his life on several occasions.

History:
Among the taurens, there are those chosen to patrol the boundries of their homeland and provide an advanced warning should any danger be spotted. It is often a lonely road to travel, but for those who do it, a great deal of respect is given. Greyhorn is one of the few who can handle the strain of separation from the clan and while he has been a Rover only a short time, he knows this is the path the Earth Mother has destined for him.

Greyhorn has taken to patrolling further and further north of Thunder Bluff. There has been an increase in activity by the porcine Quillboars and Greyhorn does not want his people caught unaware should they turn their eyes southwards towards the plains his tribes call home. [/sblock]
Alright, I will have a spot for him very soon Verbatim, actually this week I will get your character started.

Festydog

Healer (Shaman) up to 4th Stuff follows :)

Healer 1
+0 Attack Bonus
+2 Fort
+0 Ref
+2 Will
Brew potion, Augur (SP): Cast Augury once per day as a spell-like ability; equals his caster level.
Domains - Elements, Spirits domains

Healer 2
+1 Attack Bonus
+3 Fort
+0 Ref
+3 Will

Healer 3
+2 Attack Bonus
+3 Fort
+1 Ref
+3 Will

Healer 4
+3 Attack Bonus
+4 Fort
+1 Ref
+4 Will
Flametongue/Frostbrand (Su): The Shaman can sacrifice a spell slot of 1st level or higher and can imbue a weapon with either the flaming or frost special weapon properties. Once per day. The property lasts a number of rounds equal to 1 + his Spirit modifier, minimum of 1 round. Deals an extra 1d6 fire or frost damage per hit.

Choose One
Elements Lesser Power - Master of Elements (Su): You cast Elements spell at +1 spell level.

Spirits Lesser Power - Favored of the Spirits (Su): You cast Spirits spells at +1 caster level.

Domain Spells will be later hope this helps :) highly suggest at least buying the PDF file from Drivethrutpg.com :)

Festy_Dog

First Post
Ah, many thanks for the info Ujio. I'll get the pdf but I can't imagine it being very soon, I'll get it though.

Interesting quote btw. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads