• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Twisted Infinity

Pyrex

First Post
Wrahn said:
(OOC: Weekends are usually bad for me posting and this one is going to be no exception. Combat will commence on Monday)

No problem. I'm typically offline for most of the weekend as well.

Wrahn

First Post
My apologies, I was sick yesterday and still a little today (and about half of Sunday if you want all the gorey details)

We will go round by round, I will post here in a bit, I am hoping for a round a day (and hope you guys don't crush my wittle monster)

Pyrex

First Post
No problem. Take however much time to need to be healthy.

But you still didn't answer my question. ;)

Let me be more specific:
-Do you want to handle all the die rolls or would you prefer we use a web-roller? (I'm perfectly happy letting you do the die rolls, it'll probably speed things up quite a bit)

-When describing our actions, how specific do you want us to be?
--Example: Do you plan to post a map with grid coords?

Pyrex

First Post
Character knowledge of Combat Events

How much transparency are you comfortable with regarding characters understanding what's happening in combat?

Specifically, as a player my first response to the first round of combat results would be to have Dimitri cast Restoration on Ata.

In your opinion is that:
A) Good Tactics
or
B) Unforgivable Metagaming?

Wrahn

First Post
Pyrex said:
How much transparency are you comfortable with regarding characters understanding what's happening in combat?

Specifically, as a player my first response to the first round of combat results would be to have Dimitri cast Restoration on Ata.

In your opinion is that:
A) Good Tactics
or
B) Unforgivable Metagaming?

I believe that the game mechanics are just another way to explain what is happening, narrative description is another. I would believe that Dimitri has seen enough of this to identify what has happened to use his spells to the best of his abilities. So I fall much closer to the A side than the B.

There are limits of course, but I think Dimitri is well within the realm of "fair" game play to Restore Ata.

Wrahn

First Post
I am sorry I didn't see the rest of these posts until now.

I will post a map if and when A) Positioning become critical and/or B) when someone asks.

I won't be posting a grid coordinate system as if you really want to get technical you can copy the map:

_____
!````!
!`A``!
!``B`!
!`C``!

A- Bad guy1
B- Glangim
C- Bad guy2

it is realitively simple to post:

_____
!````!
!`A``!
!`*B`!
!`C``!

A- Bad guy1
B- Glangim
C- Bad guy2
*-center of Dimitri's Flamestrike

I am open to having the players make their own rolls, whatever works for you guys.

Pyrex

First Post
Ashy said:
Channeling holy power through his frame, he speaks a holy word

I nearly tried that round 1 until I realized I had a non-trivial chance of deafening Tares in the process... :\
(fortunately you have a couple fewer caster levels than I do so it's not a problem...)

Ashy

First Post
Oh well - Ata is reacting reflexively here and he does not much about his companions yet... Don't want to much metagaming filtering in. ;)

Remove ads