• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm a have to run Bob's turn real quick...

I was going to say "don't forget you can use a bonus action to disengage" but of course, Bob's gonna use his bonus action to attack off-handed. You'd get the +1d4 from Pyrus, but you rolled high enough that doesn't matter.

Thanks for acknowledging that he's been burnt. So many players just kind of ignore that stuff. Personally, I like those kinds of details.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Oh, and it's "Bardaby" dammit! With a D! Like "Bard" and "abbey!"

(I really don't care).

I think it's funny that it keeps changing to Bartleby and Barnaby. Battleby, Bruttaby, Bunny-B - that last one would make his face go red and he'd really, really try to kill you. And probably eat your liver for breakfast.

tglassy

Adventurer
Bob fell. Bartlburp hit him, causing him to to lose a death Save. Then Pyrus hit him with a fireball, causing him to lose another. Then he rolled a 20 on his death Save, causing him to gain 1 hp, and get up.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Actually, Bardeby' s last attack is what knocked him down. Fitz rolled advantage even though Bob hadn't used reckless attack last round. So the fireball burned a death fail and Bob crit saved.

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yeah, turns out one of the guys that hit him actually missed (when you take out the advantage). So he'd only lost the death save from the 20 fire damage. Can't keep Bob down! Of course, now he's all out of rages and hasn't run away...

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Of course maybe you should think about the psychological aspect of seeing an enemy that had just about killed your boss stand up from apparent death and stab one of your allies to death before staggering menacingly in your direction. LOL

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Of course maybe you should think about the psychological aspect of seeing an enemy that had just about killed your boss stand up from apparent death and stab one of your allies to death before staggering menacingly in your direction. LOL

Of course I will think about that. I always role-play every bad guy, individually. That'll stop quite a few of them, but it won't stop them from sending spells and quarrels his way, and it's not going to stop LockJaw. There's also quite a few guys in the room to the south who are going to think twice about heading into the room after that fireball.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads