• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
[MENTION=59816]FitzTheRuke[/MENTION], have I got it right that we can all level up (except Zander and Torbin)? The River Gang will get the benefit of a short rest and the Dispensibles will get a long rest?
SnorLoska has no more Rages left but will gain one from levelling up. A long rest for SnorLoska is probably good so that he can re-charge his Rages, and his Relentless Endurance too. I don't think he used any HD... unless he used some when he kicked the elven pillar. I need to check.
Sesto has only one spell left so he really needs a long rest.

tglassy

Adventurer
Ok! Here's the Genasi updates.

Auraia is pretty much the same, I didn't switch out any of her disciplines. However, now when she kills an enemy with her blades, she regains 2 Psi points. She's the only one who can regain Psi points without resting.

Aquaria dropped the "Mantle of Joy" that she hadn't used all game, and picked up Aura Sight. For 2 Psi points and a bonus Action, she can know all a targets hit points and vulnerabilities/resistances by reading their aura. This might help with a dracolich, and I don't know why I didn't think about it before. That's her major change. The other one is related to when she heals people.

Terrus and Pyrus both dropped a discipline to get Mastery of Force. Pyrus dropped Mantle of Command, and Trrrus dropped Mastery of Wood and Earth. I know, he just took that, but I decided Mastery of Force was the better discipline, and it can make a wall as well, even if it is see through. It can also grant a form of mage armor, telekinetically lift things and people and do all kinds of cool stuff. If they both have it, it's a win win.

Terrus can also Half damage against him, but it costs his psionic focus and it's not really worth it in that case.

Pyrus can now cast Detect Magic, Alter Self and Haste. I chose Detect Magic so we could know if a door is trapped, and Haste to help our melee friends. Alter Self for sneaky shenanigans and survivability. Now all the Genasi can survive underwater!

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So everyone is clear, *when* you get a rest, you level up. *If* you all get together to rest in, say, the Pit of Teeth, then you can trade/identify items. *If* you get together, then the River Gang can choose to take a Long Rest, and everyone can set out at once. *If* that all happens, then we can chose to rearrange the groups, and decide which way to go.

If everyone (or frankly, a few of you) want to do that, then I will put a note in each thread to meet me in the Ensemble thread, and we will spend a few pages deciding IC what to do next. (We can also discuss it OOC here, if you like.)

I'm happy with that plan, but also the River Gang can just Short Rest where they are, level up, and keep going. The Dispensables can Long Rest somewhere out in the Lakes, and then decide what they want to do.

I'm not picky.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I think there is a lot to be said for the two groups to be on the same "timeline" so to speak.

Udit can go to either group - he would prefer staying in the river gang, but he is there to help. I haven't chosen exactly how I will update him, but it will be somewhat of a minor level - more HP, a bit more skilled but that's it. I think unlike healers and tanks where we really have to be sure to "distribute" between the two groups, Udit's role (while he's very useful!) is less critical.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
The only problem is that all rooms we have been through will be crawling with bad guys again. We maybe need to create a diversion.
[MENTION=59816]FitzTheRuke[/MENTION], Sesto can prepare the Locate Object spell. How useful would this spell be for finding the last idol? I would look for the same kind of idol (since Sesto have seen the other idols) and the spell will show where the nearest idol is. Will this then result in showing that the nearest idol is in my backpack? In that case the spell is useless.

[sblock]Locate Object
Describe or name an object that is familiar to you. You sense the direction to the object's location, as long as that object is within 1,000 feet of you. If the object is in motion, you know the direction of its movement.
The spell can locate a specific object known to you, as long as you have seen it up close--within 30 feet--at least once. Alternatively, the spell can locate the nearest object of a particular kind, such as a certain kind of apparel, jewelry, furniture, tool, or weapon.
This spell can't locate an object if any thickness of lead, even a thin sheet, blocks a direct path between you and the object.[/sblock]

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yeah, I'm afraid that the specific object is not known to you and the general object is on your person, and two others are nearby. It'll wind up the "fourth closest object" of it's type... which the spell doesn't help much for.

Remove ads