• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

tglassy

Adventurer
Meh, I just don't like a prisoner telling me what I'm not going to do. Pyrus would kill them all hands down. Terrus might let him.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Would Bob take exception to Udit repeatedly using his likeness to create illusions that are to be attacked by horrible monsters? :D

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto would not like Pyrus performing murder. What would he do? Don't know. Probably beat Pyrus and then never trusting him again. Possible not helping either...

tglassy

Adventurer
It's not murder. They're the bad guys. They work for the Dragon Cult. Doesn't matter if they're just hired swords. Let them go, they'll just go hire themselves out to the next cult that pays well. I've never been one to think "always showing mercy" is a "Good" trait in these games. Sometimes, showing mercy is just being stupid.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It's not murder. They're the bad guys. They work for the Dragon Cult. Doesn't matter if they're just hired swords. Let them go, they'll just go hire themselves out to the next cult that pays well. I've never been one to think "always showing mercy" is a "Good" trait in these games. Sometimes, showing mercy is just being stupid.

MMmmm.... I suppose that's true, but it's also hypocritical. There is a very very fine line between Adventurer's morality and "bad" NPC's. I mean, I'm not trying to say this guy's a decent human being, but a lot of PC's can't be considered decent human beings either. Lowloe works for a guy called "the Beast" with a terrible reputation, and in turn, they work for the Dragon Cult (also a bad reputation), but what have they done?

(As far as we know): Occupied an abandoned temple. Guarded it. Bought a suit of Armour. Hired some more guards.

You?

You've ambushed some people on the road, killed a few of them, robbed them, taken them prisoner, threatened them, and now are thinking about torturing them. Who's the bad guy?

Don't get me wrong, I like heroic adventure, and this IS one. They ARE the bad guys, and you are right to oppose them. But THEY might not even know that, and I can't see how you would know it either.

Just philosophy, BTW, not a lecture. Feel totally free not to agree with me, it's all theory.

EDIT to add: Oh, and before I go making myself unclear: I don't care what you do. I'm the kind of DM that puts problems before the players with no idea what the solution might be. Do what you like.

tglassy

Adventurer
Forget torture. Every innocent person they kill, every innocent person the men they're protecting kills, is on our hands if they are let go. They may not think they're the bad guys. They are. And more people die when they're let go, either directly, or because of the people they're working for.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
So far Only Bob has suggested letting any of them go. And that is only assuming the captain is willing to help them make their entrance. He didn't exactly extend the offer to the minions btw...

Squirrels are evil!

Remove ads