• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #362

Falkus

Explorer
I think that if Haley knew it was Nale and really wanted to get it across, she'd just go find something to write with and give Roy a note explaining the situation. Or maybe that's too easy; I don't know.

Aphasia isn't just an inability to speak properly, it's an inability to produce and/or comprehend languages, both spoken and written. I'd say that Haley's suffering from Transcortical Motor Aphasia, in which she has impaired speech and writing abilities, but full comprehension.

Ah, gotta love wikipedia.

Merkuri

Explorer
Falkus said:
Aphasia isn't just an inability to speak properly, it's an inability to produce and/or comprehend languages, both spoken and written.

I think they had a guy on House who was suffering from that. He thought he made sense when he spoke, but he just wasn't. He only made sense if he used one-word sentences (like "yes" or "no"). He lost the ability to write as well. He could just scribble.

Remove ads