• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Open Design / Wolfgang Baur to do a 4E Open Design Adventure

Admiral Caine

First Post
Ethalias said:
As soon as I have a spare $30 or equivalent I'm going to get on board. Hopefully I'll be in time, this seems like a fine opportunity. I enjoyed Mr. Baur's six part adventure writing series on the WotC website, and look forward to an interactive version! :)

19 Euros for friends across the Pond! Only it must be through Paypal, he can't accept a cheques in Euros. And there is time, don't worry!

Timeboxer

Explorer
Well, I bit and made a donation. My party ran through Keep on the Shadowfell with hardly any challenge -- a better adventure for more serious players would be welcome.

Monkey King

Explorer
Amy Kou'ai said:
Well, I bit and made a donation. My party ran through Keep on the Shadowfell with hardly any challenge -- a better adventure for more serious players would be welcome.

Thanks for supporting the project! The goal is very much to stretch the new rules a bit and provide a challenge for experienced players.

Based on the devious encounters, skill challenges, and new monsters proposed so far, I think it's well on its way.

Protagonist

First Post
I just donated 30$ via PayPal after clicking the link on the open design blog. I didn't catch the 19€ for europeans option in time, but 30$ should be roughly the same (a few cents more I reckon) so this hopefully won't be a problem.

I am a bit confused about what to do / wait for now. I'm going to create an account at livejournal today and will then wait for access information regarding wrath-blog. Is this correct?

Rechan

Adventurer
Amy Kou'ai said:
!?!

Your party are mavericks, sir.

Rechan

Adventurer
Monkey King said:
Based on the devious encounters, skill challenges, and new monsters proposed so far, I think it's well on its way.
You know, I don't know if I want to fully throw my support into the project or not, but I will tell you this:

Right now, I have one idea in the back of my mind that's beating like a drum. I don't know if it's appropriate for WotRK, but I want to see it done, and want to tell someone.

:D

Monkey King

Explorer
Protagonist said:
I am a bit confused about what to do / wait for now. I'm going to create an account at livejournal today and will then wait for access information regarding wrath-blog. Is this correct?

Yes, absolutely. There's a FAQ about Open Design.

I'll get the invite/access mail out to you promptly. Because patron projects have a relatively small audience, I don't really want to automate everything.

Wolfgang's Other Stuff

He's written for Malhavoc Press, though not adventures. He also wrote Fortress of the Stone Giants (Pathfinder adventure #4) which is an excellent adventure. Though I haven't seen Empire of the Ghouls (which was an Open Design adventure), the description of the aspects of it leaves me with no doubt that Wolfgang is a brilliant adventure/setting writer/designer.

Being a Patron

I will likely write a review of being a patron for Blood of the Gorgon. As a patron with commenting access, I haven't been as active as I would have liked (due to me getting busier). Being able to follow the process is simply awesome if you are into reading RPG books and interested in RPG design. Even though you follow the process through the Internet, I got a primordial, creation feel by the access. It felt like I was privy to some thing being created.

Input

One of the things I can remember about being a patron of Blood of the Gorgon is seeing how the creation process evolved. One character was originally going to be the main villain, but then when Nick got so excited with a visceral write-up of another depraved villain, it was voted on and decided that it would be the new main villain.

Last edited:

Remove ads