Opening Moves Issue #1: Bombs Away

Karl Green

First Post
Spyder, unhurt, 5HP

Spyder yells "Sniper on the roof!" as loud as he can and points at the roof where he saw him. He then leaps 60ft closer to the thugs (20ft away I believe).

Next round, charge into the mass of thugs. Continue to look for any other hidden danger or hurt people; Spot +9

Elfy

First Post
Nagi the Stormrider; Damage: None, Status: Okay, Hero Points: 5

Nagi sustains the rain torrent against the fires as she notices the black figure move into a sniping position. She hovers in place at her height as she considers for a brief moment that it’s not typical of police officers or soldiers to wear black and attack from sniper positions - at least in non-militarized zones. She swipes her hand down, directing the storms clouds overhead to cast forth a thunderbolt at the building right near the man in order to disrupt his aim by exploding concrete beside him as well as to draw the attention of the masked flying man to him.

OCC: Ranged Attack +12; Energy Blast +10; Range: Sight, she is targeting the area, not the sniper figure, which should be quiet easy. Dodges vs. Everyone; Aerial Combat defensive; Effective Dodge 22 vs. everyone she is aware of.

Thanee

First Post
Ghost

Ghost heads for the robed figure, to see what's going on inside. She moves through the outer wall of the police station and takes the shortest route towards the room, where the person disappeared into.

Hellzon

First Post
Kineto, 5 HP, unhurt

jasamcarl said:
As another of their company fall from the a pummeling by Kineto's kinetic energy, one of the thugs declares loudly, "I'll get the lady!!" and rushes off towards the police station, making it to within 80 feet of the precinct door. Another yells after him angrily, 'Bart!!' as he opens fire on Doc, his companion on Kineto.

As Bart yells out his intentions to "get the lady", Kineto, assuming the thug is heading for a hostage zooms down to intercept the thug.

Sprint (200 ft) towards the precinct door to cut off the way for Bart. Should a half action be enough (guess not), I'm also firing an EB at Bart.

perivas

First Post
Doctor S-3, 10 hero points, unhurt, boost (STR) +7

For a moment, there is an expression of shock on her face when the bullets slam harmlessly into her labcoat; but Doc S-3 recovers quickly. Rather than making good her threat though. She drops the large piece of rumble next to her. Suddenly, a mini-missile array appears on her forearm and she points it toward the thugs. She then unleashes a volley of these mini-missiles which explode in the area of the thugs, sending dust and smoke up everywhere!

OOC: Weapon attack +7 ranged vs. area, 10ft. radius, +10 damage

hero4hire

Explorer
Strongarm HP: 5, Unhurt

Stanley considered the running the blockade for a moment and thought better of it. Always good to maintain a courteous relationship with the local authorities. He thought to himself. He pulled up to the policeman and got out of his car. "Hey there, I heard you gentlemen could use some assistance."

[OOC: Diplomacy +7 to get let by.]

jasamcarl

First Post
The fires now extinguished, a powerful bolt of lightning surges through the air, illuminating the now darkened block as it hits the side of the building. The gunman can be seen scurrying away from the edge in surprise, dropping his gun on the building's ledge.

As Spyder leaps towards the thugs, he sees several projectiles strike the ground ahead of him, near the thugs feet, exploding with a *POP* and flash that shakes the ground. When the light fades, the two thugs who had stood their are spread along the road bloody, limbs broken, groaning before they fall silent, the rain washing their bodies clean.

The ramaining crook halts near the steps to the police station, the fear on his face evident to Kineto, who stares down on him from the station's entrance. In desperation, Bart takes out his pistol and fires it wildly, before Kineto can raise his psychic shield. The hero takes a bullet in the shoulder, and drops along the top of the stairs as Bart stares on anxiously before continuing his rush to the door.

Initiative: Nagi, Spyder, Doc, Gunman on roof(lost concentration), thug(1). Kineto is disabled. The thug is now 50ft from the police station's entrance, 150ft from Nagi, 180ft from Spyder, and about 200ft from Doc.

Ghost: As you phase through the walls, following the figure on the roof, you come to a large office space within the police station. Desks have been turned up, loose papers everywhere. Strewn along the floor are a number of bodies, most handcuffed and covered in tatoos and still wearing their street clothes..obviously gang members. Along the side of the walls, hunched down, their mouths gagged and wrists cuffed behind their backs are about two dozen police officers, their eyes wide with fear as they look upon the slain, wondering if they will be next. And at the center of the room stands stands six human forms visible despite the darkened state in the room. Included amongst them is the robed figure, who speeks with a decididly feminine but commanding voice, "Are all the rebels slain?" One of the others, a large muscualar man, clothed almost entirely in black, responds, "Yes, my Lady. And all the confiscated mega in this building is now in our possession. My men are injecting it now." She begins to speak again, "Good, and the bomb..." an incredibly bright flash of lightning fills through the window, making the returning darkness even more oppressive, causing everyone in the room except for the talkers to gasp. The man respond, "It's being prepared in the next room.." She jumps in, "We have visitors, and I doubt the dolts we left on the street to watch will have this problem contained, so prepare your men for battle. The must be delayed until the bomb is ready to be detonated. I do believe Dr. Scionne is amongst the intruders. The King wants her alive..Do you understand you're orders, Armsman?.." He's quick to reply, "Yes my Lady. For the Crime King!!!" She extends her hand. You can see the air around it shimmer as if it was heated greatly. The man leans down to kiss it. She then turns and strides off out of the office and down the stairs....

Strongarm: The cop looks to you and then towards the scene of the fight. Hearing gunfire and the lightning, he turns back to you. Obviously anxious, new rain cascading down his brow, "Please don't tell my lt..." He steps aside, giving you room to pass.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Ghost

I hope there is enough time, but they are still here, so the bomb's not going off yet... Ghost thinks to herself, while she follows the robed lady just long enough to be out of sight from her goons, while drawing her guns.

“So, you can slay the living, but can you also handle what the grave sends back to haunt you?”

Not waiting for an answer, Ghost immediately opens fire, counting on her gun shots not to arouse much attention with all the noise around. While pulling the trigger of her guns, the ghostly woman slowly fades into view, her face calm as death.

OOC: That's two rounds at once, just so you know what she's going to do... 1) follow, draw guns, 2) full attack (full All-Out Attack), should be +14/+14 (+8, Invisible/Surprise (+2, no Dex), All-Out Attack (+5), Point Blank Shot (+1) and Two-Weapon Fighting (-2)), Damage +11L (+5L, Point Blank Shot (+1) and Surprise Strike (+5)), drop invisibility; Defense 15/17 (20, All-Out Attack (-5), Dodge against the robed lady (+2)).

Karl Green

First Post
Spyder, unhurt, 5HP

Spyder moves towards the police station and thugs as fast as he can...

[occ] Moving 120ft this round. I am assuming that the thugs are running towards that building right? Just want to make sure.[/occ]

Hellzon

First Post
Kineto, 4 HP, Disabled?

As Kineto get hit, his thought is must... protect... hostage... He grasps for that elusive focus, but it seems far away indeed.

OOC: Bloody well not hanging around for a day. ;) Spending an HP for an instant recovery check. Con bonus +0. Durn.

Remove ads