Opening Moves Issue #1: Bombs Away

Elfy

First Post
Nagi the Stormrider; Damage: None, Status: Okay, Hero Points: 5

The rain continues to decent upon the fires, hopefully soon putting an end to them, as Nagi descends down to the sniper man who lost his gun as her thunderbolt struck near him. She visually scans the immediate area there as she approaches, on the watch for possibly unrevealed assailants and remaining vigilant. Upon reaching face level of the man, she kicks at him, attempting to render him unconscious, and pass by him and then down towards the masked man that was shot.

OCC: Half Move plus Melee Attack +12 ; Kick Damage +0 (Yes, she’s not very physically strong, but he’s just a mook, so the chance of a failed damage resistance roll is decent). Dodges vs. Everyone; Aerial Combat defensive; Effective Dodge 22 vs. everyone she is aware of.

OCC: Sorry for not being more clear, Perivas. I meant the mook that she was already involved with and have edited my post to reflect which mook she is attacking - she is on the roof attacking the sniper that dropped his gun before coming to Kineto's assistance. Please go ahead and have Doctor S-3 deal with gunman, Bart.

Last edited:

perivas

First Post
Doctor S-3, 10 hero points, unhurt, boost (STR) +6

jasamcarl said:
...projectiles strike the ground ahead of him, near the thugs feet, exploding with a *POP* and flash that shakes the ground. When the light fades, the two thugs who had stood their are splayed on the road, groaning. (Sorry perivas. I hope that effect is what you intended. :) )

OOC: They got their one warning! Having dealt with the evils of low-powered crime, Doc S-3 doesn't glamorize the duty of a superhero and doesn't play around with thugs. Crimefighting is a gritty business. But, what exactly does splayed mean? Guts hanging out and groaning or just bruised bodies and groaning. Regardless of your response, here's my turn.

Even after the smoke clears to reveal a scene littered with battered bodies, the angry expression on Doctor S-3's face does not change. Instead, she trains her missile array at the lone remaining thug who has gone wild shooting back at the costumed figures. Then, she aims and unleashes another volley of mini-missiles at the lone gunman.

OOC: Weapon (stun), Ranged +7, Damage +10

OOC (cont'd): Not a problem, I've adjusted my turn accordingly.

Last edited:

jasamcarl

First Post
ooc: just to clarify, there is only one more of the original thugs in play, i.e. that is running towards the police station and who just shot Kineto. The only other enemy currently involved in the main combat is the assassin on the police station's roof who nagi just distracted. Oh, and my bad perivas; i think i misread your statblock, didn't know you were going for the lethal damage. I'll edit my earlier post slightly. Post a new one either tommorow night or friday morning.

perivas

First Post
jasamcarl said:
ooc: just to clarify, there is only one more of the original thugs in play, i.e. that is running towards the police station and who just shot Kineto. The only other enemy currently involved in the main combat is the assassin on the police station's roof who nagi just distracted. Oh, and my bad perivas; i think i misread your statblock, didn't know you were going for the lethal damage. I'll edit my earlier post slightly. Post a new one either tommorow night or friday morning.

OOC: I do stun damage from the concussion mini-missiles. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
STRONGARM 5 hp, unhurt

Strongarm: The cop looks to you and then towards the scene of the fight. Hearing gunfire and the lightning, he turns back to you. Obviously anxious, new rain cascading down his brow, "Please don't tell my lt..." He steps aside, giving you room to pass.

Strongarm gave the cop a nod as if to say 'Understood' and then took off towards the sounds of gunfire.

OOC: Sprint until I get there 120'/round

Last edited:

Remove ads