D&D 5E Optimization Wiki with 50th Anniversary content?

How to organize our Optimization wiki with the new 50th Anniversary material

• It's one edition, everything on the same page, marked with a 2014, 2024 or Both tag in the wiki.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 2014 left as is, 2024 on a new wiki page.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 2014 left as is, 2024 on a new wiki page plus links to existing 2014 that are applicable.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Something else - please post your idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Soon we will have the 50th Anniversary revamp of D&D. Numerically it seems fine to have characters (and adventures, etc.) created with 2014 or 2024 content side by side, though until it's out we won't know if it fully mix-n-match within the same character.

Either way, not all users will be adopting the new changes, but some previous content will still be quite useful for those that do. So what's do you think will be the most useful way for us to organize old vs. new material?

To remind you, this is what it looks like now.

It's one edition, everything on the same page, marked with a 2014, 2024 or Both tag in the wiki.
PRO: Low work, existing links work.
CON: Need to filter through to find the right stuff.

2014 left as is, 2024 on a new wiki page.
PRO: No effort at all.
CON: 2014 optimization that's useful in 2024 will be "out of sight/out of mind".

2014 left as is, 2024 on a new wiki page plus links to existing 2014 that are applicable.
PRO: Everything you need in one place regardless of what you play. Lowest effort for consumer of the guides.
CON: Highest effort from users, as we evaluate existing guides to see if they are still applicable.

Something else
I'm sure the lot of us is smarter than just me - put it in a post.

I set it for two choices so if you think two are tied for best, or you like one but also have an idea, you can show that. But if you think one stands out, please vote for just that.

Remove ads