Order of the Stick #483 - Broken Stick

Peni Griffin

First Post
What strikes me is that Belkar is actively disappointed. He's always relied on everyone around him behaving better than he did, and scorned them for doing so, and taken advantage of it. With all their conflicts, he trusted Vaarsuvius. Now he feels lonely and lost.

Serve him right. I don't expect him to learn from it.

Haley, on the other hand, shuts her nagging self-doubts up and gets on with surviving. Angst is a luxury.

Celebrim

Legend
The next time some pretentious art snob tells me that illustration isn't art, and the modern art is all about being non-representative, I'm going to smack them upside their empty meme-bot jabbering heads.

Transcendent. Abso-freakin-lutely transcendent. And not merely transcending the fact that these are stick figures, but transcending the medium. Wow. OotS is moving off into the realm of literature now. It's getting to the point that I don't just want to own the book, I want to hang it on my walls.

WOW.

Mr. Burlew has just climbed up into some pretty rarefied heights. You aren't going to be able to talk about the history of comic art now without talking about OotS.

Asmor

First Post
Celebrim said:
The next time some pretentious art snob tells me that illustration isn't art, and the modern art is all about being non-representative, I'm going to smack them upside their empty meme-bot jabbering heads.

Transcendent. Abso-freakin-lutely transcendent. And not merely transcending the fact that these are stick figures, but transcending the medium. Wow. OotS is moving off into the realm of literature now. It's getting to the point that I don't just want to own the book, I want to hang it on my walls.

WOW.

Mr. Burlew has just climbed up into some pretty rarefied heights. You aren't going to be able to talk about the history of comic art now without talking about OotS.

*shrug* I may not know art, but I know what I like.

Oh, and anyone expecting Roy to be resurrected obviously doesn't read the strip much... Rich's the master of dashing expectations and going against the grain. For a recent example, look at Miko, it was so blindingly obvious from the beginning that she was set up to be a blackguard, then she had her little fall, getting stuck in prison right next to an evil outsider... and then she's promptly killed dead.

Roy's not coming back... At least, not the Roy we knew. Look for Spirit Roy or Zombie Roy coming to a store near you!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Asmor said:
Roy's not coming back... At least, not the Roy we knew. Look for Spirit Roy or Zombie Roy coming to a store near you!
I don't think so. Rich has said that the story of OotS is actually the story of Roy, and it's his journey and changes that's important. I think he'll be back.

lior_shapira

Explorer
The OOTS strips have been coming further and further apart recently. I'm a big fan and I read Rich's announcement about his medical condition and really wish him all the best!

But(!) if I'll be brutally honest for a second, as time goes by and I don't get my regular fix of OOTS, my need for it is subsiding. I don't feel as excited, and since I don't really expect any more to see 3 strips a week, I only check the site once a week or so.

How about you? do you feel a bit "over it"? just to make clear, this is not accusatory or being spiteful or negative in any way, just reality as I see it

lior

Henry

Autoexreginated
lior_shapira said:
How about you? do you feel a bit "over it"? just to make clear, this is not accusatory or being spiteful or negative in any way, just reality as I see it

lior

If anything, I get a rush of excitement when I forget about the strip, and then someone reminds me with a thread like this, and I go "YAY!" And I get 5 or 6 brand-new strips for my reading pleasure. :)

Remove ads