D&D 4E Order of the Stick in 4e

Snapdragyn

Explorer
I'm not sure that Roy's player would go for the Leader role, however, since what little we know of that suggests that it is primarily a buffer/healer/party-enabler. If Roy's player had wanted to do that in 3.x, cleric or bard was readily available.

Likewise I'm not convinced that Durkon would go for Defender, as that is the 'tank' & not the healer/buffer which he chose to play. Healer/buffer would be Leader (a poor choice of terms for the role, IMO, though I can see them worrying that 'Buffer' would bring in too many MMO comparisons).

Theovis

Explorer
Snapdragyn said:
I'm not sure that Roy's player would go for the Leader role, however, since what little we know of that suggests that it is primarily a buffer/healer/party-enabler. If Roy's player had wanted to do that in 3.x, cleric or bard was readily available.

Roy's not an optimized character, though, being an Intelligence-based fighter, and it's inarguable that Roy is the leader of the crew.

MarkB

Legend
Given that there will be no conversion guidelines for 3.xe->4e, I'm expecting something like:

Vaarsuvius: "Ah, a new Edition, with new knowledge to be gained! Ultimate power will be mine!"
Roy: "Okay, brace yourselves, here it comes!"
THOOOOOOMMMMMMMM
Durkon: "Ach, Thor's nipples! We're back down to first level!"
Haley: "Oh, no! Turns out Bards were dropped from 4th edition! They've taken Elan away completely!"
Belkar: "Quick, let's go before they bring him back."

Kaodi

Hero
I'm telling you, I'm hoping for the another showdown between Nale and Elan, where Nale gloats over his twin brother for that whole " multi-class rogue/fighter/wizard who specializes in enchantment spells " incident early on, hehehe...

Mystaros

First Post
Well, I think the switchover to 4E would be the perfect time for a major showdown between the OotS and Xykon/Redcloak at a gate, if Rich can get out enough strips in that time.

After all, if the Snarl gets loose for just a little bit, the gods would have to fix the damage done, and that would be a good reason for the "reality shift" in the core "laws" of the setting. Ties in nice and neatly, really...

Personally, I'm just hoping Rich gets well and can get back on a regular schedule of some kind. I'm really jonesing for some OotS... September 17 can't come soon enough...

Slife

First Post
Isn't there already a bunch of unconverted old monsters running around? Elan might suddenly be controlled by one of those talismans.

AFGNCAAP

First Post
WARNING: OotS speculation

Hmm... with Elan's comment on how he feels like he "may never see (Haley) again" in the latest OotS strip, I wonder if this is an indication of what might happen to his character with the 4E switchover (maybe delayed or written out until 4E bard stats are released).

Then again, if the changes in the game may cause such a big shakeup, then I wonder if the current OotS storyline may be wrapped up, and a new group or generation of heroes may step forth with the 4E switch.

Or, the Snarl gets out, the gods destroy & reshape the world to recapture it, and because of that, the world has been rebooted to 4E.

drothgery

First Post
Varianor Abroad said:
Oh, I think Elan will still be around. Nobody else can fulfill that role quite so well.

I'd think Rich could get a lot of mileage out of Elan in the last few 3.5 strips flipping through a copy of 'Warlording for Dummies' ...

(always assuming the warlord is in 4e PH1, and the bard is out)

Wolfwood2

Explorer
MarkB said:
Given that there will be no conversion guidelines for 3.xe->4e, I'm expecting something like:

Um, what?

I feel like I can say to a 99.9% certainty that WotC will certainly issue conversion guidelines. These will likely be equivalent to the 2E to 3E guidelines.

Remove ads