Order of the Stick: Why isn't it going 4e?

RFisher

Explorer
I also suspect that some of 4e's changes would be a bit odd for the Order. I mean, there are no bards, so does Elan go catatonic until '09? Rogues shouldn't really use bows anymore, so does Haley suddenly morph into a ninja or retcon into a Ranger? There isn't a barbarian, so what about Belkar's recent training? Paladins can't detect evil anymore, but it is well-established in the strip that they can and do.

That looks like a huge list of reasons to convert the strip to 4e to me. There’s comedy gold in them thar hills.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
No, it is doable. But it wouldn't be as funny as the 3.5 changes I think.

Sure, it's doable, but what would you gain? Why would it be an appealing thing? It's a comic strip, so it's not like it needs easier-to-run high level combats. ;)

RFisher said:
That looks like a huge list of reasons to convert the strip to 4e to me. There’s comedy gold in them thar hills.

I think you'd have more plot confusion than the 3.5 shift generated, with less humor. In part, the 3.5 shift worked because it was (a) very early in the comic, and (b) kind of goofily minor changes.

Plus, there's the whole "I've told that joke already!" angle to consider.

There's 4e jokes already, and I'm sure there will be more, but a full-fledged conversion would seem to be too much work for too little reward, I think.

Remove ads