• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OrkJager

Mr. Prez

First Post
(Sorry folks, busy busy busy.)
In the morning, the caravaners make embarassed fairwells and wish you all the best of luck before heading out. After you pack up camp, and begin along the trail, a group of vultures is seen circling a little bit into he woods.

(If I misread your plans let me know, I'm a bit confused by them.)

Voadam

Legend
Percy's plan the party agreed to.

The party splits, nonspellcasters go ahead at first light to scout out orcs and harass them if needed.

Spellcasters sleep fully to recover spells then march on with dwarf bodyguard to catch up and join in for full assault.

Wilphe

Adventurer
OOC: Confirmed:
Advacned Party: Lindal, Percy, Franky, Fortin

Follow on group: Koric, Felicity, Dagmar, NPC guy

IC: "What do you reckon Lindal? Someone who couldn't keep up, or bait for an ambush?"

scout989

First Post
Fortin Human Fighter1

OOC: how far away from the camp have we gotten?

IC: "Either way, we must check it out- it could be a survivor who was left for dead, but lives yet."

Voadam

Legend
As he and the merchant make breakfast while the druid and cleric prepare their spells the dwarf makes small talk. "So Maler, ye ever used an axe like that before? Any experience fighting an killing men?"

reddist

First Post
Felicity awakens, bleary eyed and yawning. She rubs her fists in her sockets and blinks away any remaining weariness, then rises smoothly, gathering her gear and cloak. Satisfied she has all her pouches and satches in order, she firmly grips the antler handle of her scimitar and approaches a nearby oak tree, lowering herself to sit cross-legged in front of it with her sword laying across her knees.

As before, Felicity seems to have a one sided conversation with the oak tree, but this time the poor tree gets a full load of Felicity's anger and frustration. You can hear her describe the plight of the brown bear and her anger at those who tormented the proud beast into a rage, as well as her swearing to find those responsible for such atrocities and deliver them to the vengeance of the Green Path.

Eventually she calms down and you hear her thanking the oak for speaking the sense and wisdom of patience and perseverance, agreeing that anger is not always the best option. Finally, she stands and hugs the tree tightly before adjusting her buckskin armor for the day's trek, then walks up to Dagmar and Maler.

"Friend Dagmar, we shouldn't we be off soon? Is Koric still speaking with his god?" She turns to look for the looming half-orc, spotting him knealing in a bright patch of morning sun, his head bowed in reverance. "Perhaps Koric is also gaining words of guidance this morn. We shall need all the help we can get when facing this horde."

She steps quietly behind Koric, patiently waiting for him to finish his prayers. As he rises, she greets him warmly. "Friend Koric, Dagmar! Lets be off! The others are well ahead, and we've no time to spare!"

Voadam

Legend
reddist said:
Felicity awakens, bleary eyed and yawning. She rubs her fists in her sockets and blinks away any remaining weariness, then rises smoothly, gathering her gear and cloak. Satisfied she has all her pouches and satches in order, she firmly grips the antler handle of her scimitar and approaches a nearby oak tree, lowering herself to sit cross-legged in front of it with her sword laying across her knees.

As before, Felicity seems to have a one sided conversation with the oak tree, but this time the poor tree gets a full load of Felicity's anger and frustration. You can hear her describe the plight of the brown bear and her anger at those who tormented the proud beast into a rage, as well as her swearing to find those responsible for such atrocities and deliver them to the vengeance of the Green Path.

Seeing Felicity vent to a tree Dagmar catches the merchant's eye and shakes his head. The dwarf mutters "Elves." and then says no more.

Harvey

First Post
Koric, Half-Orc Cleric of Pelor

Koric wakes as early as possible, rolling up his bedroll and stowing his gear. He looks for a nice, quiet spot to pray, making sure to not disturb the others. He finds a nice clearing, and kneels down, hands outstretched to the rising sun.

"Pelor, by the light you bring in the morning, by the eye you shine on the world, may you give your humble servants the faith to shed light on the darkest places of the world. We have a large battle ahead, and we fight for a just cause, so may you guide our arms to strike true, and may you guide our hearts to know the true enemies in the darkness."

He sits quietly for a quarter hour, in silent prayer, before he rises to meet the gleeful face of Felicity.

"Friend Koric, Dagmar! Lets be off! The others are well ahead, and we've no time to spare!"

"Aye, my friends. Our lovely maiden speaks true. Hold, while I grab my gear, and we shall be off." He grabs his backpack, his mace, and his shield, ready for the trek.

"Sleep well, my dwarven friend? I slept like a log!" he utters, as he catches Dagmar's eye with a grin.

"Well, hopefully we will be able to follow the trail Lindal left for us, or all this will be for naught."

Mavnn

First Post
scout989 said:
OOC: how far away from the camp have we gotten?

IC: "Either way, we must check it out- it could be a survivor who was left for dead, but lives yet."

"Yes. We must." Lindal's voice is slightly strained, and he ups the pace as he heads towards the circling vultures.

Voadam

Legend
Harvey said:
"Sleep well, my dwarven friend? I slept like a log!" he utters, as he catches Dagmar's eye with a grin.

"Aye Pelorian, tis good to sleep well before a fight. And I expect one today."

Remove ads