• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Favorite Band?

drakhe

First Post
Depending on mood and time of day:

channel zero, fear factory, white zombie, metallica, dimmu borgir, old man's child, ac/dc, black sabbath, machinehead, led zepelin, john lee hooker, queen, U2, linkin park, ....

classical: bach, mozart, beethoven

(I could write you up the complete list of my collection, but that would be close to 300 band-names of all genres.)

Whodat

First Post
Aerosmith

Yeah, I know. But I stick with whatever works.

Don’t tell my girl. She thinks I like listening to her hip-hop CD’s over, and over.

BluWolf

Explorer
Desert Island band??

Grateful Dead. With out hesitation.

Other favs;

DMB
Metallica
Zep
Doors
Cake
Outkast
Parliment
Jethro Tull
Iron Maiden
Chieftains
Dead Kennedys

I could ramble for days......

Ooppps almost forgot the redheaded stranger.

Last edited:

kenjib

First Post
Garmorn said:
Oh well, I knew that my taste are differnet then most on this board. Older stuff; Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn. New stuff. Waylyn Jennings (sp?).

Don't fret. I like old country too. My favorites in that regard are Johnny Cash and Tammy Wynette.

rackabello

First Post
posted by Teflon Billy
I'll list five (and wait for the inevitable poster who will list a hundred-odd bands to prove how broad his or her musical tastes are).

Must...resist...urge...
Just a few faves:

Tom Waits
Robyn Hitchcock
Sun Ra and his Mythscience Arkestra
Velvet Underground
Laurie Anderson
TMBG
Skip James
Darby & Tarlton

(oh, and bonus points for the EnWorlder who can catch the musician responsible for my sig)

JeffB

Legend
Draxus the Tainted said:
What's your favorite Band/Group/Artist/etc.? I'm just curious to see what my fellow D&D players like to listen to. I would have to say mine would be Incubus.

I stopped listening to the radio about 12 years ago..even then my tastes are more obscure and date back 12 years prior to that.

I can't name one...so I'll name three that were my biggest influences (I used to play in bands alot...lead guitars)

1) Micheal Schenker (with UFO or MSG)
2) Gary Moore (before his Blues stint)
3) Thin Lizzy

Basically any late 70's early 80's Euro Metal bands...

In addition I love to listen to Jazz, Swing, Jazz/Rock Fusion , Bluegrass, classical...basically anything besides the popular music of today, reggae (spelling?), and rap.

EDIT: Being from the South I do like some country music, but my tastes are also to older artists like Hank Williams, Cash, Jennings, Robbins, etc and the later artists who emulated them...Dwight Yoakum, Marty Stewart, Allison Kraus, etc.

Last edited:

Remove ads