[OT] Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Game of the Year Edition

Goodsport

Explorer
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp For those G.I. Joe fans out there playing RtCW (like me :) ), these multiplayer skins are for you:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp You can download the G.I. Joe skins from here.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp
gijoe3.jpg
gijoe5.jpg
gijoe1.jpg
gijoe2.jpg

gijoe4.jpg

(continued...)

Goodsport

Explorer
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp And here's where you can download the Cobra skins from.

cobrascreen1.jpg
cobrascreen3.jpg
cobrascreen2.jpg
cobrascreen4.jpg

cobrascreen5.jpg

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Yo Joe! (or Cooobraaaa!, depending on which side you're playing on ;) )
military_pullups.gif

-G

P.S. = ... it seems like the maker of these skins followed the cartoon more than the comic book (since everyone shot laser weapons in the cartoon, but real weapons in the comic book), since the shots in the mod sound like laser fire.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I would have preferred the sound of real bullets in the mod myself, but that's just a minor gripe. :D

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Nice skins, but how about a shot of Cobra Commander?

I always had a tough time deciding if I preferred the old school "executioner's hood" or the mirrored faceplate helmet look for him. He sure was a badass cartoon villain, but the Baroness was too hot for words! :D

Goodsport

Explorer
Kaptain_Kantrip said:
Nice skins, but how about a shot of Cobra Commander?

I always had a tough time deciding if I preferred the old school "executioner's hood" or the mirrored faceplate helmet look for him. He sure was a badass cartoon villain, but the Baroness was too hot for words! :D

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp The mirrored faceplate helmet Cobra Commander is the Lieutenant for the Cobra (i.e. Axis) team, although it seems like the skins creator couldn't get rid of the nose and mouth outlines for the same reason that he couldn't create a Baroness skin (which he actually wanted to do, according the readme file): he had to use the existing model (in this case, of the infantry soldier) since he didn't have enough experience to create a brand new model.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Maybe in the future we'll be seeing a Baroness in there. :D

-G

Black Omega

First Post
While RtCW was ok, it never really captured my attention and ended up deleted from my HD fairly quickly. Part of this might have been that I got MoH:AA at roughly the same time and MoH was much much better in terms of MP, which is basiucally all I play. I'm fairly surprised RtCW got game of the year from anyone. It was good, but not that good.

dagger

Adventurer
Its an ok game, but the AI and single player was pretty substandard.

I also prefer Day of Defeat or Medal of Honor for multiplayer, especially Day of Defeat. I have not had that much fun in multiplayer since Doom2/Quake/Duke3d days. Also the voice communication support for Half Life makes DoD that much better.

Im actually waiting for Battlefield 1942....the total WWII game all in one package. Fly a plane, drive a tank or battleship, or be a grunt. I just hope they dont screw it up.

Last edited:

Goodsport

Explorer
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Just out of curiosity: are there any G.I. Joe/Cobra skins for similiar games out there (like MoH:AA, Ghost Recon, Unreal Tournament, etc.)? :confused:

-G

Goodsport

Explorer
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp And for that RPG connection (well, sort of): the opening movie for Return to Castle Wolfenstein is very D&D-ish (except for the final part of it)... you'll know what I mean when/if you see it. :)

-G

Remove ads