• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Trolling

jdavis

First Post
The piracy thread was very interesting but it had trouble written on it from the get go. Finding out it was started by a lie takes away from alot of the good from it (two wrongs never make a right). When you post something that is going to get heated up quick then you have to be real careful.

Piracy has two sides that always say the same thing with the same reason and they always get heated replies by people who have strong opinions. You should of known what was going to be said when you started the tread it is basically the same thing that is always said about piracy. When you make a statement to the fact that you just lied in order to get a heated discussion going, then it does smack of a troll. You should of known what was going to be said and how it would turn out when you started, it just got a bunch of people hot under the collar and stepped on a bunch of toes just to get the same answers that are always given. You might not of been a troll but starting that thread wasn't a good move even if you had been telling the truth.

Thinking before you post is always real important, I find myself going back and editing a lot of my post in order to make sure I don't step on any toes. I love a good discussion, even a heated one, but I don't care for fighting. Never post anything that will piss somebody off, get a good discussion going yes but not something that would get people angry (like a thread on piracy), that will always go bad. I now feel sorry that I ever read that thread more-less posted in it.

Sixchan

First Post
Personally, I don't think you're a troll. But after so long on boards that have the oh-so-nice mix of European Teen Communists and American Religious Right-wingers on a board where every second thread is political, and the others are all on religion, I've got a very strict definition of 'troll'.

Someone posting "3e sucks" isn't a troll IMO. For me, Trolls start at "America deserved 9/11" or "All Israelis/Palestinians are really cool guys" and work upwards.

But I guess here on a board without such discussions (respite! :D) trolling starts lower.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Sixchan said:
But I guess here on a board without such discussions (respite! :D) trolling starts lower.

I think that, technically, what you mention aren't "trolls". They're more like "flamebait". Trolls look for the gullible. Flaimbait looks to generate hostility.

Bagpuss

Legend
If anything proves how dumb Trolls are its the fact they encourage flames, from which they can't regerate.

Its like a Rakshasa offering a two for one sale on blessed crossbow bolts.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Bagpuss said:
If anything proves how dumb Trolls are its the fact they encourage flames, from which they can't regerate.

Its like a Rakshasa offering a two for one sale on blessed crossbow bolts.

ROFLOL!!!!!

Remove ads