• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Our world through the eyes of a D&D inhabitant

Scribble

First Post
One of my friends tried jumping into lava in this game... man he thought he'd be hurt sure, but he'd make it to the other side at least right???

WRONG!

Dude was dead before he even got to the lava! What the heck? Lava has reach now?!?!?

Lava in this game is seriously borked.

Scribble

First Post
Also does anyone understand the rules for "circles?" Our group is WAY confused. There are no flat edges on the thing? How the heck does that work?

drothgery

First Post
Thank goodness the Wandering Monster tables are full of 1HD an 2HD creatures, and nothing worse.

And the ones in the 'war zone' regions deal way too much damage for their hit dice; even if you're high level and have the best armor in the game, they can still one-shot you.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Even 1st-level commoners have spell-like abilities emulating Sending and Ventriloquism, but even the mighties wizards can summon nothing more than a rabbit! And he needs a funny hat to do so.

The rules for alcohol consumption are just stupid. As if anyone would get drunk from a bottle of wine!

The world has far too few dungeons and the few that are there don't have even a grid on the floor!

If you travel via a diagonal, you take longer to get to your target square.

There are way too much druids. They want to hinder you from killing animals for XP!

They have a lot of magic items, but most of them are for non-combat purposes. Why would anybody invest ressources in such useless things? On the other hand, those magic repeating crossbows under the name of 'gun' are sweet.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Even 1st-level commoners have spell-like abilities emulating Sending and Ventriloquism, but even the mighties wizards can summon nothing more than a rabbit! And he needs a funny hat to do so.

That sending isn't a spell-like ability, its a magic item. The problem though is that is way underpriced for being able to use it an infinite amount per day with no 25 word limit.

Scribble

First Post
That sending isn't a spell-like ability, its a magic item. The problem though is that is way underpriced for being able to use it an infinite amount per day with no 25 word limit.

Dude it looks underpriced when you first buy it, but then you realize it's actually a cursed item.

Your DM starts giving you mysterious OVERAGE CHARGES which cost a TON of extra gold... And then you randomly have to spend time talking to family NPCs and attacked by telemarketers.... The downsides totally make up for the cheap starting price.

And the one time I did manage to raid a treasure vault I found out that the Encumbrance rules are really harsh and there are no bags of holding / floating disks or NPCs willing to carry all the loot in return for a tiny percentage.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
And the one time I did manage to raid a treasure vault I found out that the Encumbrance rules are really harsh and there are no bags of holding / floating disks or NPCs willing to carry all the loot in return for a tiny percentage.

Obviously you missed all the NPCs waiting at the construction supply stores just waiting to carry things for a very small percentage.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
I hate the way you have to roleplay out every single bit of interaction with the NPCs. Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Gather Information... the list goes on. Every. Single. One. Drives me up the wall. I like a good narrative game as much as the next guy, but sometimes you just wanna roll the dice and get on with the story. Not in this game. Every little conversation, dragged out in agonising detail. And most of them aren't even very interesting.

Worst. Game. Ever.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads