• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Outcasts Forever: Issue #1 - Red America

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsadkiel

Legend
Beast

Radiant said:
"Can we bring anyone in from the outside?"
One look at Ultron later...
"Ok, scratch that. We can. Vision Nr Whatever here is the proof."

"I don't know if outside is still there. We need to check, first. But even if it is, you shouldn't run off unprepared by yourself . . . if you're absolutely sure this is what you want, I'll run off unprepared wuith you."

Mimic

First Post
"Returning to that reality is not likely the best course of action, that world's Avengers have probably figured out our final destination and are either investigating the area or on their way there." Vision states in a very neutral voice. "The resulting battle would put the children's lives at great risk. There is a 93.4% chance that a child would be injured or killed as well as a 73.8% chance of destorying the stark mansion itself."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Avengers Mansion
Somewhere/when/how
Early afternoon

Vision said:
"Returning to that reality is not likely the best course of action . . . There is a 93.4% chance that a child would be injured or killed as well as a 73.8% chance of destorying the stark mansion itself."
Vision IV looked unmistakably proud . . . if a barely moving adamantium face could display such things. "I concur, brother," Vision IV replied simply. Looking to Carol, he added, as if explaining to a child, "It would not be safe, for you or your daughter."

Radiant

First Post
Binary

tsadkiel said:
"I don't know if outside is still there. We need to check, first. But even if it is, you shouldn't run off unprepared by yourself . . . if you're absolutely sure this is what you want, I'll run off unprepared wuith you."

"Oh Hank, sometimes I don't know if I should hug you or hit you through a wall. Thanks, you're right."

Vision said:
"Returning to that reality is not likely the best course of action, that world's Avengers have probably figured out our final destination and are either investigating the area or on their way there." Vision states in a very neutral voice. "The resulting battle would put the children's lives at great risk. There is a 93.4% chance that a child would be injured or killed as well as a 73.8% chance of destorying the stark mansion itself."

"Thanks you two, that makes me feel so much better leaving her behind...
Wait,...
no it doesn't. I'll go ask our local hologram about it."

With her head bowed Carol is of to the meeting room.

Gideon

First Post
Iron Man, 4/6 HP, 1S/2 L, -3 Armor

Leaning over to Hank, Tony whispers out the side of his mouth "How long were you guys in that dimension that she made babies. I need to find the man and toast him."

Tony starts rummaging through a closet down the hall "Hmmm...stoopid not my dimension, I used to keep the bottles here."

BrotherGustadt

First Post
Wasp
HP: 2/5; Status: Normal

'Okay...the mansion moves through or across spacetime, or maybe even true quantum displacement...simultaneously existing in several realities, but selectively so. Furthermore, this movement is predicated by...what? Our arrival? That suggests a certain quantity of discriminatory judgement regarding fulfilled conditions that goes far beyond simple if/then switches, which would itself indicate the potential for intelligence...which means that either the place is intelligent and therefore probably alive, or there's some other controlling sentience that we--or rather, I--haven't encountered yet.' She remains more or less still and quiet, leaned against a wall and slowly rubbing her forehead, as the others calm the frantic Binary. 'The place was different when she was here alone. Why? Was she able to exert influence merely by existing, or was it the result of an outside force? Damn. This whole thing cannot be just all cosmic alignments and quirks of fate...this is a deliberate action.' Her violet eyes slide over to the newer, "upgraded" Vision. 'I can't wait to hear this.'

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Captain America (HP 5/6, 3 lethal, 2 stun)

Inside Avengers Mansion
Somewhere/when/how
Early afternoon

Jack focused on the important events of the moment, even though there was a lot of other things going on. It was something he had to force himself to learn as part of the Avengers.

"Hank, do you have any idea what's wrong with her?" He threw a look at Tony's comment and then watched Vision and Ultron as he spoke with the Beast.

tsadkiel

Legend
Beast

Nuke261 said:
"Hank, do you have any idea what's wrong with her?"

"It could be a case of Para-Chronal Rapid Decompression Syndrome - the temporal bends, so to speak. I suspect a simpler explanation, though. Most of our counterparts in the Soviets' timeline are safely dead, leaving behind a merely symbolic legacy. If their Carol had a daughter . . .

The Professor used to have a theory. He believed that close personal relationships leave a sort of 'echo' on the psychic plane, which is so powerful that even we non-telepathic types can occasionally pick up on it. Encountering that 'echo' without any corresponding memories would be very disorienting. When Havok and Polaris's daughter from an alternate future enrolled at the school, it certainly led to a lengthy period of angst and soul-searching for the X-Men."

ooc: Regardless of timeline, the Summers family tree will always be confusing.

Last edited:

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Captain America (HP 5/6, 3 lethal, 2 stun)

Inside Avengers Mansion
Somewhere/when/how
Early afternoon

Captain America stood and listened to Hank's attempt at an explanation. He tried to follow all of the technical, scientific jargon. Then it hit him, out of the blue.

"Oh no. Carol having a daughter could be the worst thing possible to happen to her. I don't know about your world but, on mine she gave birth to this entity called 'Marcus.' Turned into a real pain for the Avengers and a nightmare for Carol. Who knows what this could be doing to her."

Jack turned his attention from everything else going on to Binary and followed her out of the room. "Vision, stand-by with the Intel dump. Something else needs taken care of, first."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Avengers Mansion
Somewhere/when/how
Early afternoon

Binary / Captain America

Carol Danvers said:
"Thanks you two, that makes me feel so much better leaving her behind... Wait,... no it doesn't. I'll go ask our local hologram about it."
With her head bowed Carol is of to the meeting room.
Carol made her way to the elevator. Eager to get some answers, the wait after pressing the elevator button seemed horrible. Just about when she had decided to transform and rip the doors from their hinges (poor doors!), Captain America arrived and the elevator doors "Dinged" and opened. Both entered and after voice print identification the elevator dropped the the sub basement levels.

OOC Actions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads