Pathfinder 1E Paizo no longer publishing Dungeon and Dragon

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
OStephens said:
While I stand by everything I said in my blog, that should in no way be taken to mean I don't respect this community, or even this thread. Do I think some people have gone overboard? sure do. And I specfiically mention in my post that it's their right to do so, for all the good it'll do them.

Thanks for the post and for the blog entries. Food for though, IMO.

/M

Ghendar

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
Not arguing. Question is: why not make three people happy instead of just two - while leaving another furious?

Well said.
Had they kept the mags in paper AND started up the DI so all three can compliment each other, a whole lot more people would be onboard and onboard happily.

Last edited:

Ghendar

First Post
Friadoc said:
I'm not answering for Owen, I'm sure he's more than able to do so, but I can quote an old, almost tired maxim of business.

"You can't please everyone, all the time".

It's been true for a long time, but it's more unpopular of an idea today than it has been for previous generations.

There'a another business maxim which springs to mind (one that I personally don't always agree with) that states the customer is always right.

These two maxims are in direct conflict with each other. How can both be reconciled?

I agree with your larger point about entitlement though.

Last edited:

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Ghendar said:
There'a another business maxim which springs to mind (one that I personally don't always agree with) that states the customer is always right.

Yes, but some who have voiced their disapproval of this move have also admitted to not buying the magazines, or in some cases, to not buy WotC material either.

Which makes it important for us to remember that not everyone who has an opinion about this is actually a customer of WotC.

/M

Last edited:

D.Shaffer

First Post
Rawhide said:
But for some reaosn he answers on his own blog, where he can edit and delet posts rather than here where we can all discuss this on equal footing. i'm not attacking him personally, but his opinions suck
...Besides the fact that he JUST posted about 12 posts above you? :confused: And how can you seriously say saying that someone's opinion sucks and NOT consider it an attack? Considering what was JUST posted by a mod about not attacing him, you might want to edit your post.

I'm actually starting to be a bit amused by all the hoopla. This is the third time I've seen this happen in various games/genre's I'm interested in, and I've seen the same pattern in all of them. The announcement comes. People start foaming at the mouth. This lasts for a few days before calmer heads prevail, but by then there's usually some extreme polarization in the various camps. EVentually most people accept it with a few diehards taking on a 'We'll never agree with these changes!!!' position. Check any Battletech board when the first news of MW: DA showed up (They're dumbing down our game!! They dont understand the universe!). Check any transformers board when the first movie designs showed up (They're raping my childhood!). Exact same sort of commentary, exact same overblown statements, exact same 'rage against the evil corporation' feelings, exact same sort of biased key phrases.

D.Shaffer said:
I'm actually starting to be a bit amused by all the hoopla. This is the third time I've seen this happen in various games/genre's I'm interested in, and I've seen the same pattern in all of them. The announcement comes. People start foaming at the mouth. This lasts for a few days before calmer heads prevail, but by then there's usually some extreme polarization in the various camps. EVentually most people accept it with a few diehards taking on a 'We'll never agree with these changes!!!' position. Check any Battletech board when the first news of MW: DA showed up (They're dumbing down our game!! They dont understand the universe!). Check any transformers board when the first movie designs showed up (They're raping my childhood!). Exact same sort of commentary, exact same overblown statements, exact same 'rage against the evil corporation' feelings, exact same sort of biased key phrases.
So you're saying people tend to react in a similar way when faced with similar situations?

You might be on to something.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Rawhide said:
But for some reaosn he answers on his own blog, where he can edit and delet posts rather than here where we can all discuss this on equal footing

hE also now claims we've compared this to things like the Iraq war and eating people. i'm not attacking him personally, but his opinions suck and he has nothing to back them up but claims ryan dancey once talked about the xFL
... wow.

"I'm not attacking him personally, but his opinions suck and etc. etc."? And "For some reason he answers them on his own blog," WHICH IS WHERE HE POSTED THE ANALYSIS, after he posted halfway up the previous page? And all this after I explicitly explained that dog-piling isn't permitted, huh?

Agree with him, disagree with him, I don't care. But don't level personal insults.

See you in a few days.

Last edited:

Michael Morris

First Post
Eeek, if this keeps up Kevin may have to give me the ban hammer in order to keep up with the volume.

Folks, don't make Andy (Piratecat) give officer Barney Fife (that would be me) a gun.

Ghendar

First Post
Michael Morris said:
Eeek, if this keeps up Kevin may have to give me the ban hammer in order to keep up with the volume.

Folks, don't make Andy (Piratecat) give officer Barney Fife (that would be me) a gun.

Yeah, but you like the art of Rebecca Guay which makes you a-ok in my book. :D

I got to meet her some years ago. Asked her to sign some magic cards. I've always enjoyed her work.

Michael Morris

First Post
Just trying to interject a bit of humor folks. I'm disappointed in recent developments myself, but I am curious to see what Randy Bhueler's new division is cooking up. That said, ENWorld has rennovations of its own coming before Gencon, so I'll attend to those and leave the mods to their work.

Remove ads