Pao

JimAde

First Post
IcyCool said:
Ahh, I generally use the creature type for the 'Same Class' restriction. It helps keep abuse to a minimum. Not sure if it is RAW though.
The whole thing seems very open to interpretation. Creature type seems like a perfectly reasonable way to do it.

Iku Rex

Explorer
JimAde said:
The point I was trying to make is that there isn't a limit on the creature type.
From the PaO spell description (through polymorph): "The new form may be of the same type as the subject or any of the following types: aberration, animal, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, ooze, plant, or vermin."

JimAde said:
Since the duration chart lists examples like "pebble to human" and "lizard to manticore", I think we can safely assume changing one type of creature into another type is OK. It just limits the duration.
1. Of course PaO can change a creature of one type into a creature of another type. So can polymorph. The question is if the restriction in polymorph applies to PaO.

2. The examples contain mistakes. Two of them break the size rule and the HD rule from polymorph. ("Lizard/Shrew to manticore".) (Note: Some believe that the person who did the 3.5 update of PaO copy-pasted the 3.0 examples intending for all readers to analyze the examples and conclude that any restriction broken [or any restriction at all, according to some again] isn't supposed to apply to PaO. I beg to differ.)

3. Any example involving an object is irrelevant here, as objects don't have HD or creature types.

Remove ads