• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Part 1: The Forgotten Forge (Knight Otu judging) [Concluded]

GwydapLlew

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Just did, thanks Stonegod! Now that I'm back from Gen Con and caught up at work, I can post again. Sorry, guys![/sblock]

Mordin harumphs into his beard and smiles gap-toothedly at the noblewoman. "So what y'be saying is that we've got 'forged with an axe to grind on one side and your fam'ly on the other, and without those notes, yer like a blind man in a candlemaker's shop." He looks over at the others. "I'm thinkin' that if you had that journal, you'd be paying well for it?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Velmont said:
"Family heiloom? What kind of family heirloom is it, if I can ask." tells Kharas, pooring himself a glass of ale. "Someone want something?"

"Yes, the heirloom was an old journal written by one of our greatest minds. It describes location of one of the warforged foundries." replies Elaydren.

Bront said:
"So, what you are saying is that his journal or notes were wanted by this Lord of Blades?" Stulgar asks. "What interest would he have in such information?"

"I believe that the Lord of Blades would be looking for this ancient schema said to lie in the old Sharn foundry for his own nefarious plans."
she says.

stonegod said:
Weapon continues to sit, his arms crossed. The metalic moan of a sigh once again is heard. "Not him. Always making us look bad. Or worse. Not that many like us anyway."

"Indeed, most stories surrounding the Lord of Blades makes him out to be a militant 'forged who has no allegence beyond his own kind. The reports we have of his agents all appear to be quite aggressive towards non-warforged." she replies sadly.

Rystil Arden said:
"The Lord of Blades...I had thought he was just a story told by those afraid of the new Warforged, but perhaps this time the story might be real..."

"I am afraid that it would appear so. While none have met him, at least to my knowledge. We have several reports of our agents running into his militant followers."
replies Elaydren.

GwydapLlew said:
Mordin harumphs into his beard and smiles gap-toothedly at the noblewoman. "So what y'be saying is that we've got 'forged with an axe to grind on one side and your fam'ly on the other, and without those notes, yer like a blind man in a candlemaker's shop." He looks over at the others. "I'm thinkin' that if you had that journal, you'd be paying well for it?"

"I wouldn't say that we are opposed to your interests as I am unsure what your interests are at this point. You answered my messenger regarding the Provost's murder, so I'm assuming that you'd like more information. But yes my interest is in the journal. Were I to find it I'd be willing to pay for it and potentially hire someone to retrieve the schema from this lost foundry. If indeed the journal has directions to it as Provost Geldem indicated." she replies.

Velmont

First Post
"And these schema... what they are suppose to carry on? A new type of warforged, a tolls for them? Or you don't know and are going to finance on something that might b nothing at the end?" ask Kharas befroe taking a sip of ale.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, then we're in luck," Stulgar says, placing the satchel on the table, "for it seems that it has not fallen into the Lord of Blade's hands."

Stulgar pulls out the journal to show Elaydren, "Is this what you seek?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Seeing the shifter pull out the journal, Weapon adds in his normally morose tone, "But I must tell you: Like all old things, its broken. No words."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Turning to Stulgar, Ahki speaks up. "If this book is sought by this Lord of Blades and a powerful house, it is valuable. This warforged may pay more than what House Cannith will. It has already shown it is ready to go to any lengths, including murder. It will likely pay any price for it as well."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
SelcSilverhand said:
Turning to Stulgar, Ahki speaks up. "If this book is sought by this Lord of Blades and a powerful house, it is valuable. This warforged may pay more than what House Cannith will. It has already shown it is ready to go to any lengths, including murder. It will likely pay any price for it as well."
Weapon turns to the barbarian, a glare if a warforged would give one. "The Lord of Blade's minions do not 'pay' for things, especially from the weak fleshed ones like you. They take. There is no negotiation with their madness."

Velmont

First Post
Kharas look at the Weapon and Akhi who discuss about the book. "Broken? I doubt that book is broken. If it tells the place of an old forge, it mihgt simply written a way we can't read yet, but I suppose if the Lord of Blade is ready to kill, and house Cannith ready to get killed for this book, there must be a way to read it. Am I right?" Kharas adds, turnig his attention to the Lady.

Erekose13

Explorer
Velmont said:
"And these schema... what they are suppose to carry on? A new type of warforged, a tolls for them? Or you don't know and are going to finance on something that might b nothing at the end?" ask Kharas befroe taking a sip of ale.

"Oh no, I'm sorry to have misled you. The schema are not part of any warforged, they are more like blueprints used in the creation of things such as the warforged." she replies.

Bront said:
"Well, then we're in luck," Stulgar says, placing the satchel on the table, "for it seems that it has not fallen into the Lord of Blade's hands."

Stulgar pulls out the journal to show Elaydren, "Is this what you seek?"

Her eyes brighten at the sight of the journal. "Yes, yes that is it." As Lady Elaydren takes the book, her signet ring and the mithral threads on the cover glow in unison. When she opens it, the blank pages immediately begin to fill with delicate script and line drawings as Kharas' guess turns out to be true. She turns to a specific page, studies it for a moment, and then pulls a folded map from inside her cloak. She seems absorbed in the details as she cross checks a passage with the map infront of her. She ignores Weapon's comments about the book being broken and Akhi's idea to sell the book to the Lord of Blades.

She looks up with a smile on her face, "The location of the lost foundry is deep within the Dorasharn Tower." Lady Elaydren proclaims. "Fifty-seven levels below the tower's present-day sewer system. I offer you one thousand gold pieces and the good will of my house if you recover the schema and return it to me. Will you help me?"

Remove ads