• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Part 1: The Forgotten Forge (Knight Otu judging) [Concluded]

GwydapLlew

First Post
Del (Mordin the Dwarf)

"A thousand collectively?" Mordin leans forward, his eyes twinkling deceptively. "Ma'am, I'd be honored to assist yer family in any way possible. But there are sev'ral of us, and I cannot speak for all of us."

He looks over the others. A thousand gold? Quite a haul... "It's the start of the day, an auspicious time for beginning something. What say ye?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Siobhan has serious misgivings about helping these amoral slavemasters in an attempt to bring forth more war upon the living, but she is wise enough not to speak of her misgivings in Elaydrin's presence.*

'The spirits would not have wanted me to help trap souls in slavery for killing, as these House Cannith people do,' she thinks to herself, 'But neither would they wish for this Lord of Blades to gain a tool that could be used to destroy the living...perhaps it is my lot to destroy this schema, to keep it from the evil on both sides.'

Velmont

First Post
"I think it is my fault, Lady, my common is not as good as my dwarven. I am used to schema. My family have a lot of them, and they are all the schema of traps we make for our customers. Designing new traps is great, but using the same design cost less and is more accessible to the wide public. My questions was what these schema will help to build?" correct Kharas.

He look closely at teh book as she start to decipher it. "A thousand gold pieces, for the whole group, that makes a nice pay, but as we don't know the risk... by any cance, does that journal tells what defence exist in this forge?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Indeed, a thousand gold is a good wage, even if we split it. While I am lothe to head deeper into the city, at least I can do so knowing we're keeping the Lord of Blades from what he desires."

Stulgar looks over at his sister, knowing her quite well, he makes a note to talk with her later about her misgivings.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"I will assist. It will keep me moving, at least, and keep away disfunction. The payment is useful for such purposes. Oil. Lathing. Plating layering."

Rystil Arden

First Post
'My comrades won't understand my misgivings working for such an agent of death and evil, except perhaps my brother, but it seems that they do value the power of coin. Hmm...'

"This is for a weapon to kill people, it must be or the Lord of Blades would not desire it. I care little for the coin either way, so I don't much mind, but isn't 1000 fairly insignificant for such? Consider that the Lord of Blades sent agents after this, so it must be something valuable and new. Now, a stock-standard magic sword of the cheapest and lowest quality would cost over 2000 gold, more than double the offered price, and I'm sure the Lord of Blades wouldn't send agents after one of those."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Ahki strokes his chin as he considers the womans offer. A great deal of money, better than what Orien has ever offered. But then most of the time things aren't trying to kill me. Most of the time. He raises an eyebrow when he hears the shifter woman make the comparision between the schema and the sword. "As Kharas said, this schema will be used to make many copies of a thing. I would wager your House will make a great deal of money selling these copies, more than enough to make up for what you pay us to obtain it."

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC: ] Nah, if she won't pay more, I bet her house will--she's offering such a paltry sum for it, she must be financing from her own pocket in hopes of taking credit and gaining personal advancement or some such, so probably a rival of hers will pay more--if this thing is important enough to send assassins, there is sure to be a higher bidder than 1000 gold. Now, my Neutral Good character isn't going to suggest this in character, of course :lol: [/SBLOCK]

Remove ads