Part 1: The Forgotten Forge (Knight Otu judging) [Concluded]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Oh, I'll readily admit the monster is the problem, and I like the modified version of Mearls' new one that we ENWorlders made in the thread that Mearls liked better than his better than the one in the MM. But if you *must* keep the unfair rust monster that destroys items, it might as well destroy Warforged too. I mean, it can destroy a Warforged-sized sword :confused: [/SBLOCK]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=occ]That's a pretty huge liability though---save or die. No way is that then a CR 2 monster w.r.t. a 'forged then. People get upset if their equipment is nerfed. People would be p*ssed if their character is insta-killed at such a low level. You'd also have to change rusting grasp into a save or die spell, and its fourth level.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]If I was a Fighter, I'd rather die than lose my +1 Heavy Fortification Mithral Fullplate. As for the 'Forged, they're totally and completely immune to 90% of all things other than damage a CR 2 opponent would do to them--they can deal with that one ;)[/SBLOCK]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Erekose13 said:
ooc: thanks KO. I'm going to give it a little bit longer to see if the other two who expressed interest are going to join us.
OOC
[SBLOCK]
Ahki is still interested if you'll have him. My workload has changed so I have a harder time posting until I can get home. [/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
"Original tactics. I never thought of that. I must confess I don't like much these creature either." tells Kharas, keeping teh same pace than Weapon.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Rinaldo met a rust monster in M4 on LEW. He was confused and force to attack his attacker, the rust monster. Luckily, the spell doesn't tell he can't switch weapon, so I just knock out the creature with a sap, while Combat Expertising to avoid the blow on my new shiny Mithral Chain Shirt...

I like that new rust monster, but I would rather change 'for duration of 10 minutes' by 'until repair' for the duration of the rust effect[/SBLOCK]

GwydapLlew

First Post
Del (Mordin the Dwarf)

"All this talk of tactics and violence!" Mordin rumbled good-naturedly. He looked up at each of them with a twinkle in his eye. "You'd think there was nothin' to the town but ginormous towers and dead people. The war is long over, and all for th' better, I say. As f'r rust monsters, I never heard of one of 'em. Whoever named them, must have sure been in a tight spot as far as imagination was concerned."

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: SelcSilverhand, yup we still have room for you. Please throw Akhi out there when you have the chance)

With Mordin and Akhi joining the group outside, everyone sets off into the rain rather than wait another second. The vision draws them all onwards. Brew's directions lead them across a couple of sky bridges between towers and they are forced to take a sky lift that has been organized horizontally rather than virtically across one large gap between towers.

As they round the tower pointed out as Dalannan tower by the wooden plaque hanging on a sign post, curtains of water fall from the sky over the labrynthine walkways of Sharn. The stone and wooden paths wind around and between the towers and spires high above the ground, forming a complex latticework that can be very confusing on evenings such as this. The rain falls hard, running off higher walkways and balconies in drenching waves, making it difficult to see much more than a few feet ahead. The distant glow of everbright lanterns, barely visible in the soaking gloom, does little to light the paths on this warm, wet evening.

Siobhan is struck by the deja vu disorientation as she sees the same bridge from a different angle. She is positive that it is exactly the same as the one that she saw in her vision.

[sblock=Spot DC 18]You spot a figure in a dark cloak moving quietly through the rain on the skybridge ahead. It seems to be avoiding the dim pools of light cast by the everbright lanters, preferring to stay to the shadows. Lightning flashes, and you see a shape on the stone floor of the bridge in the brief illumination. The figure quickly reaches the railing of the skybridge, then slips over the barrier and disappears into the darkness and the rain.[/sblock]

[sblock=Siobhan]From this vantage point you cannot see a body on the bridge, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]IC seems to be down. Where do I roll 1d20+9? Darn, only 60% chance, I knew I should have put more points into Spot to get a better check :lol:[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads