• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Part 1: The Forgotten Forge (Knight Otu judging) [Concluded]

Erekose13

Explorer
Round 2

[Round 2]

Distant sounds can be heard over the pounding of the rain and the shouts of combatants. Cries of 'Call the Watch!' 'Murder!' and the like are audible.

Mordin attacks again, aiming for the construct's leg but his strike misses.

Ahki manages to hammer his great club past the warforge's pitiful defense and slam it over the head. The construct drops to the ground, its functions inhibited for now.

As the construct falls to the ground a small ball of mithril separates from it's chest. Tiny humming-bird-like wings sprout from the little ball as it takes off into the air. Moving far to quickly to hit, the thing flies over the edge of the rail and straight down.

EDIT: Siobhan launches her magic sling stone, but the thing prooves to hard to hit.

Kharas continues to bleed, his life blood seeping away in the rain.

[sblock=OOC]Ahki rolled an 8, with his +4 was at 12. Rolled the AP (5) so he hit and downed the forged.

Axe, sword, same diff :) /jk Really though I had just typed battle axe in my tracking sheet, I don't know why I typed sword in the post.

Damage Recap:
Kharas - 13/9 dmg (-4 and unconscious and bleeding)
Cutter - 29/28 dmg (-1 and unconscious)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon kicks away the other warforge's weapons, and quickly puts his away. He quickly guestures as Kharas. "Seer, can you assist Kharas?" He then peers over the railing trying to spot the trail of the mysterious ball.
[sblock=OOC]Weapon recognize that thing?[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]What the!? I call foul on 'moving far too quickly to hit'. Don't I have a readied action? I spent two rounds readying an action in case the warforged tried to run so we could catch and question it, and now I'm sure it's brain is getting away or something. Is this a railroad? If not, tell me how to make a construct that is 'far too quick to hit' and that's going to be my next familiar :p[/SBLOCK]

*Siobhan moves over a staunches Kharas's wounds, so his bleeding abates, if not his unconsciousness.*

[SBLOCK=OOC]Cure Light Wounds. Rolled a minimum roll of 2 though :( Should have stuck with Cure Minor. [/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Apologies, you are correct, you get a shot off. Edited above. If you want stats on it its a Final Messenger in ECS magic items.

Here's the rolls:
Roll 18
+4 to hit
AC 26
(rolled the AP because I thought you might want to: 1)
missed by 1.
sorry.[/sblock]

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lowering his club, Ahki prods the metal body with its tip. Aloud he says, "It's not quite as satisfying as slaying a living foe. No blood, no screaming. It is like breaking a chair or chopping wood. Wood that is trying to kill you, that is." He bends down and examines a limb, picking it up and dropping it to see how it flexes.

GwydapLlew

First Post
Del (Mordin the Dwarf)

"Whatever that was, I'm sure it's returning to whomever sent that one here." Mordin nods towards the fallen warforged. The cleaver remains out, as his eyes dart around to make sure that no one else was coming to join the fun.

"Is he goin' to be alright?" This to Siobhan, about their fallen cohort.

stonegod

SelcSilverhand said:
Lowering his club, Ahki prods the metal body with its tip. Aloud he says, "It's not quite as satisfying as slaying a living foe. No blood, no screaming. It is like breaking a chair or chopping wood. Wood that is trying to kill you, that is." He bends down and examines a limb, picking it up and dropping it to see how it flexes.
Satisfied that the mysterious ball is long gone, Weapon turns back to the group. He peers down at the inert form. "But is it is the fate of all of my kind---to become inert again and again until there is no one willing to fix us." He looks up at the others. "We must seek assistance. Kharas is wounded and we have a captive. This should be reported."

Last edited:

stonegod

[sblock=OOC]BTW: Though stonegod knows what the thing is, I'd like to know if Weapon does. He isn't formally trained in such things (no knowledge (arcana)), but I wonder if he may had seen any in the Last War. Don't want to claim knowledge he shouldn't have.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
"Someone called the watch, they should be here shortly."

Stulgar examines the downed 'forged once he sees Siobhan has attended to his comrade. He searches for anything on the 'forged. "Someone grab his weapon. He won't be needing it."

OOC: Search +1

stonegod

Bront said:
"Someone called the watch, they should be here shortly."
Weapon picks up the weapon he kicked away earlier, then bends over Kharas and addresses Selene. "He will be alright? What of the person who brought us here in your vision. Are they alive?"

Remove ads