Parting Gifts

kinem

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
Meep. I hate it when I'm right. :)

A Dar reference? :)

Still fireproof? ;)

You don't know. Tales have painted it as immune to anything, but SR and fast healing could explain that.

Also, are there any non-core sources for spells that you use? I'm getting my games confused, I think...

Yes. Some things from each source I ban but:
Sources allowed: 3.5 PHB, DMG, MM, certain selections (ask) from books I have: Heroes of Horror, Heroes of Battle, Frostburn, BoVD, Libris Mortis, Lords of Madness, homebrew

Jemal

Adventurer
kinem said:
From Lazybones' excellent story hour, The Doomed Bastards.

VR: MoE is OK.
Weird.. I've only heard of 2 other Dar's.. One was a sorceror I played, the other was the title character from "The Beastmaster"

kinem

Adventurer
NPCs

In case you want to try to recruit powerful or otherwise well known NPCs to help, you should know what's available.

In town:
Fred Foster, bard, famous soldier
Greg Barkley, soldier, friend of Fred
Mayor Richards, aristocrat
Rainold Garook, human sorcerer. Able to cast Disintegrate.
Brian Porter, priest of Cuthbert. Able to cast Raise Dead.

In Bylan:
You could probably find a mid to high level member of just about any class among the cities in Bylan, though not necessarily together. Assume you would know where to teleport to to find an NPC in at least one such class. The PC party is considered the most powerful group of adventurers in Bylan.

In the world:
Cellon: The elves are known for their powerful wizards and may be willing to help, but they have suffered great losses in their war against the drow and have no desire to enter another war.

Chovia: The lands of the dark-skinned folk are dominated by the Serrans, who left Bylan as part of the agreement that ended the war. The Serrans are known for their use of mind control, especially by way of a virus that lets them do it more easily, and for their power over dragons. They suffered great losses in the war but probably still have considerable resources. While evil, they have sometimes been fairly good rulers and might be willing to deal in order to gain a foothold back in Bylan.

Sasog: The Sasoguese unearthed the Tarrasque and would know more about it than anyone else. They are known for their powerful liches. While certainly evil they might help in exchange for something of great value - most likely, Haessellekh.

Shar: The yaun-ti have suffered considerable losses and are always looking to expand their power. Any help would come at some great price, if it could be obtained at all.

Jemal

Adventurer
Well, Shayuri, Voidrazor, and myself have been. Yggdrasil hasn't in a while though, and Sans hasn't posted anywhere for nearly a week.

Shayuri

First Post
PS - SOrry about missing the question about the bag of tricks! I didn't pan back to see it before I posted.

Meep.

The answer, of course, is yes. Never fear. I shall be assuming fleeter...and more communicative...forms once Das Innocente is in safetytown. We can discuss tack-ticks then!

kinem

Adventurer
Indeed.

I want to make something very clear: Any player can of course withdraw from the game whenever they want. However, in order to get an honorable discharge, you have to post OOC that you are withdrawing.

CY and Sans are AWOL. I'll allow one more day to see if they post. If they don't, I'll try to recruit people to take over the existing PCs.

BTW, Grandfather will reach the running man before Kurina, because he has a head start; Kurina would have taken at least a few minutes to visit the mayor.

Jemal

Adventurer
K, was wondering, but you didn't post how long it took me to get to the North gate, so I just went with it. will edit.

Remove ads