Parting Gifts

kinem

Adventurer
Jemal: The 'bowstaff' is fine. I don't know if I'd price it like that but that's not an issue in this case. In addition, it will have the Flaming ability.

sans: Yalo's bonus item will be a Cube of Force.

Ygg: Note on your character sheet that (as I wrote above) Zach's armor lets him use Greater Invisibility (CL 12) as a spell-like ability 2/day.

VR: I still have yet to check some of the psionic stuff for brokenness ...

Looks like we're basically set with PC creation. It almost seems a shame to start butchering those finely crafted PCs, but I guess I'd better get used to it ;)

Voidrazor

First Post
I still haven't quite finished with Haessellekh yet. But here's the list of non-PH spells I'm interested in: Drug Resistance (BoVD), Curse of the Putrid Husk (BoVD), Kiss of the Vampire (Lib Mort), Freezing Glance (Frost) and Gutwrench (BoVD).

Also, Is it OK to put the heavy fortification armor/shield enhancement on clothing?

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Oh, and one more question. Is a custom item giving a +3 insight bonus to saves OK? I'm calculating the cost at 27k (3 squared X 2,000 X 1.5 for unusual slot).

kinem

Adventurer
VR: Curse of the Putrid Husk will be a 5th level spell, as it is roughly comparable to Baleful Polymorph (and way more powerful than Hold Person). I'll allow the rest, including Fortification.

Edit: Posting overlap! The Insight item will not be allowed.

A few notes on psionics so far:

The DC for Energy Stun will increase by 1 per 2 additional pp, not 1 for 1.

The 1 for 1 rate is so broken that it's hard to believe that even WotC could publish such craziness. This alone is almost enough to make me reverse my decision to allow psionics. There are 2 saves for the stun, but a target is unlikely to have them both be good saves, and even if they are we'd be talking DC 40 or so ... and a psion can just manifest it every round.

Temporal Acceleration will not be allowed.

To use Fate of One for a saving throw, you must specify in advance the conditions under which you will use it. You can break this down by type of save, results of your spellcraft checks, and so on. If a situation comes up that you have not covered in your instructions, you will NOT be allowed to use the power. I do the same thing for a cleric's Luck domain power in PBP. You could say 'I'll use it for "*all" saves when I roll a total of X or less', it's just that "immediate actions" don't work so well in PBP.

*: In cases when you would not be aware that anything is amiss on a failed save, such as mind affecting powers from a secret source, you will not be able to use either Fate of One or the elan's racial ability to spend a pp to boost saves.

Also, you can't use more Fo1 more than once/round.

BTW, your current False Life gave 13 temp hp (DM roll).

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
VR: The following are considered supernatural abilities, and thus not granted by shapechange: Fast Healing, see in darkness, spell resistance.

Voidrazor

First Post
kinem said:
VR: The following are considered supernatural abilities, and thus not granted by shapechange: Fast Healing, see in darkness, spell resistance.
Reasonable house rule. I wasn't sure which to list since energy resistance was specified as being extraordinary, yet the fire and poison immunity were ambiguous. And spell resistance, which I normally would have assumed was supernatural, was listed as extraordinary.

BTW - is Mind Over Energy from Frostburn an acceptible replacement for Temporal Acceleration?

kinem

Adventurer
VR: My book's at home so I'll get back to you on that.

Shayuri: You guessed it!

What DM doesn't want to try it? ;)

The famous T-bone has been retooled for his appearance in Bylan. You know that regeneration is replaced by fast healing.

What you'd know: Big T is apparently some age-old horror that was dug up and used by the Sasoguese during the war. However, the last sighting was well to the north - north of the orc kingdom - and more than six months ago. The creature is thought to hibernate most of the time followed by a few weeks or months of activity. You've heard that it spits acid and seems indestructable.

BTW, I pronounce it tahr-ask.

Shayuri

First Post
Meep. I hate it when I'm right. :)

Anything else we know about its defenses? Still fireproof? ;)

Also, are there any non-core sources for spells that you use? I'm getting my games confused, I think...

Jemal

Adventurer
Lets just say that my first response is SO not PG-13.

That having been said, however.. I don't think I've ever actually FOUGHT a Tarrasque before... I've played dozens of high level and epic characters, and the only 2 times I've ever SEEN MR T in game was as a DM.. ONce a normal one which was easily defeated b/c every PC could fly and it couldn't, and the next time when I sent the PC's in my Uber-Epic campaign (Which at that time had reached lvl 63/64) against a Half-Draconic Paragon Advanced Tarrasque . (Yes, i actually did it. They were introduced to it by watching it rip apart a Prismatic Wyrm.. though it was one hell of a fight when they got down to it!)

looking forward to this one.

Remove ads