Parting Gifts

Voidrazor

First Post
I'm hoping to finish Haessellekh by tomorrow. The bulk is done but there's a lot of detail work still to do (spellbook, finishing equipment choices, statting out common Shapeshift forms).

Haessellekh wouldn't normally frequent a tavern. But the growing sentiment against half-orcs is something that would stir her to action. Having been altered from human herself, the growing xenophobia disturbs her. And the politics reminds her of the way the continent of Sasog first turned towards imperialism in her youth. So a meeting that happens to be in a tavern concerning the situation would be likely place to find her.

For a bonus item I'd love something that allows greater latitude in the way her spells appear, without having any actual game effect. The spell 'weave' would be the same, so spellcraft checks wouldn't be penalized. But her arcane magic would have a distinctive and dark style.

sans

First Post
I've posted my character. The only thing left is to finalize spell selection.

I'm going for a very defensive, buff-oriented build. During the first round of combat, Yolo will spam the party with Quickened Prayer and Holy Aura. Second round will be Quickened Bless, plus an individual buff based on the circumstances.

Any recommendations on party buffs?

kinem

Adventurer
Void: Avasculate and Polymorph Any Object are not allowed. Note also that Shapechange will not give (su) abilities other than breath weapons.

I'm not sure exactly what you want for your spell-style item, but it should be fine. Write up a more precise description and I'll OK it.

edit: BTW, Sasog has been an imperialistic empire devoted to Nerull for at least a thousand years. Nerull created the human race and therefore claims to deserve control of it. Sasog is ruled by "the Leader" who is very secretive and about whom little is known; some suspect he is a demilich. After the recent war, there have been desertions and acts of dissent, but the Leader's grip on power in Sasog seems secure.

Haessellekh knows that one day, the Sasoguese may well try to find her and "bring her in" - "reprogram" her and taker her back to Sasog. It may only be daily use of Mind Blank that prevented this from happenning already.

Jemal: I think Kurina's bonus will be adding Flaming Burst to her bow. If there's something else you'd prefer I may change it.

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Alrighty, I was going to ask about the non-PH spells once I had a full list. Shapechange - supernatural abilities is still really strong, go figure :D . And I'll put together something more concrete for the spell-style item. Basicly, I just wanted pretty much free reign when describing how her spells look, without any sort of advantage in terms of game mechanics.

kinem

Adventurer
I know we're still finishing character building, but the IC thread is now open for business. You will be heading to the Roated Boar Tavern for an evening get-together with your fellow adventurers. It would not be out of place to carry weapons, as many folks do. In your first IC post, please describe what your PC looks like (which may be radically different from his normal appearance depending on what disguise you are using).

Voidrazor

First Post
sans said:
I've posted my character. The only thing left is to finalize spell selection.

I'm going for a very defensive, buff-oriented build. During the first round of combat, Yolo will spam the party with Quickened Prayer and Holy Aura. Second round will be Quickened Bless, plus an individual buff based on the circumstances.

Any recommendations on party buffs?

Miracle provides a lot of flexibility in terms of buffing (and everything else), Magic Vestment is an excellent all day buff, especially considering that funds are slightly tighter than normal wealth by level.

sans

First Post
kinem said:
You will be heading to the Roated Boar Tavern for an evening get-together with your fellow adventurers

So, we already know each other? That makes buffing the party a whole lot easier without having to metagame (e.g. "Grandfather, wow, you just wildshaped! I just happen to have Bear's Endurance memorized even though every level 20 PC except a druid probably already has a +4 or greater enhancement bonus to CON. What a coincidence!"). :)

Jemal

Adventurer
Aye, I kept that in mind in my background, I intended for the humans who saved Kurina from her Apathy to be the other PC's. Gives her a real reason to stick up for you guys.

As for party Buffs, I don't usually rely on them, so whatever the others want is fine. Death Ward is useful for those of us who couldn't afford the ring, though the 1 min/lvl duration means it's not a "daily" buff, but more of an "Oh crap, Deathmage!" buff, and even then, single target.

Now, onto the "Bonus's".. That's something my group does with nearly ever game is give each player a 'special' thing.. Sometimes An Item, sometimes an enhancement to an item, etc, etc... I love them. :)

That being said, They're usually cooler if they're not something you could've gotten normally (IE Flaming Burst).
Speaking of which, I'm going to ask for something.. now, feel free to shoot me down, but I think it'd be neat, and it's an item I've wanted to use for a while now with an archer character...

It's called the "Bow Staff". I can't remember whether I read it somewhere or made it up myself, but I've had it kicking around in my head for about a year now.

Basically, it's a magical Long Bow that can turn into a Bo-staff. (Functions like a quarterstaff but isn't a double weapon). It has the same Enhancement in both forms, but costs 150% normal price (including Magic). THUS, masterwork would cost 450, and a +5 Enhancement would be 75,000 instead of 50,000. It takes the same action to Switch forms as it would to draw it.. It can be combined with a move action if you have BAB +1, or can be changed as a free action if you have Quick Draw (IE a quick flick of the wrist).
If you said yes, I would replace Kurina's Long Sword with using the Staff, and I think it would be particularily cool.

Otherwise, I do have a couple other ideas..

Remove ads