Parting Gifts

kinem

Adventurer
Allard, it'll take a bit more time to go over your revised halfling. So far it looks to me that the Will save should be +29. How did you calculate the "fully buffed" hp? Aid does not stack with itself, and I'll roll the 1d8 when the spell is actually cast.

What's the 6th level spell mummify? I don't see it in my books.

Note that a strand of prayer beads occupies the necklace slot, as does an amulet. But, you could for example activate the karma bead and then swap the strand for the amulet. Removing or donning such an item is a standard action.

Languages should be Bylan (replaces common), halfling, and two others. Celestial and Infernal are allowed but human languages such as Sasoguese or Chovian might make more sense.

edit: 500,000 is gp value total, not xp

Last edited:

Brother Allard

First Post
kinem said:
So far it looks to me that the Will save should be +29.
You're quite right. I'll adjust it.
How did you calculate the "fully buffed" hp? Aid does not stack with itself, and I'll roll the 1d8 when the spell is actually cast.
+20 temporary from divine power, +20 [in the form of a +2 to con] from righteous might, 1d8+10 from aid [assume an average of 15] + 3 because I can't add [fixed].

This is mostly just a note to self to see what he's capable of if given the time to buff.
What's the 6th level spell mummify? I don't see it in my books.
You allowed Frostburn, but for some reason I was thinking Sandstorm. I'll replace it with animate object. I'd also chosen dessicate [lvl 2] from the same source. I'll replace it with shatter.
Note that a strand of prayer beads occupies the necklace slot, as does an amulet. But, you could for example activate the karma bead and then swap the strand for the amulet. Removing or donning such an item is a standard action.
Really? I'd never read it as an item which used a slot. I don't have my books at the moment, but according to the SRD the neck slot is filled by items described as an "amulet, brooch, medallion, necklace, periapt, or scarab". The prayer beads are described as a "strand of beads" - I've never read it as an item which was intended to be worn, but something you would carry in your hand or pocket, like a rosary or juzu beads, which zen buddhists loop over their hands while meditating.
Languages should be Bylan (replaces common), halfling, and two others. Celestial and Infernal are allowed but human languages such as Sasoguese or Chovian might make more sense.
No problem.

kinem

Adventurer
I hate to admit it but I think you're right about the prayer beads. You'll still need to draw it (hold it) to use it though. Of course, the same will go for any NPC clerics who might have one.

kinem

Adventurer
It looks like H is flying off to confront the beast. What are the rest of you doing? Will you make any attempt at arriving near the beast together, or at stealth?

Remember, once combat begins, initiative will alternate between PCs and NPCs. Among PCs, post in any order; you don't have to wait for individual initiatives. If you don't post actions within a few days, your PC will lose its turn, and do nothing; I will not wait more than a few days and I will not choose actions for your PC other than doing nothing.

VR: Schism lasts 17 rounds. It would take you about 2 minutes to fly to the beast, longer if you wait for slower members of the party. At what point do you want H to manifest it?

BTW: Schism is much like 3.0 haste for psions, so maybe I should have banned it (and it should have been revised for 3.5), but for now I'll allow it. True, your manifester level is lower for the second mind, but maybe not by enough. (In H's case, it's 11, but she's multiclassed.) I continue to find psion powers (not necessarily the ones H has) that look very strong to broken to me; I don't understand why many posters seem to think psions are weaker than wizards.

Also, I'll allow Enlarge Person to interact with Polymorph to allow the recipient to use his items, but I'm not sure it's legit, or should be. While a clever tactic - if you thought of it yourself - you'd think that a major limitation of the polymorph spell should not be so easy to bypass. And once it's been done, it becomes merely standard operating procedure for all casters of the spell (PC or NPC) rather than something clever.

Voidrazor

First Post
Haessellekh will slow down if necessary to let others catch up, and manifest two rounds before arriving at the Tarrasque. She'll also gain a little altitude while flying, to join Kurina 200' above it.

kinem

Adventurer
Ivellious, good to see you're back. And we get Zach back :)

Grandfather teleported and since before I just picked a spot for him, I retroactively changed it to more like he would have wanted.

I forgot to nerf Fire Seeds before we started. I want to change the duration to 1 round/level.

What do you think of that, Shayuri? I know it's not fair to change rules in the middle of a game so let me know if you object.

Remove ads