• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide Preview

This just posted

Monk of the Empty Hand :

- proficient with shuriken only
- considers all normal weapons as improvised weapons (except shuriken, I guess)
- FoB works with improvised weapons
- can spend ki points to deal his unarmed damage with an improvised weapon and later on to give his improvised weapon any enhancement bonus or magical weapon ability

SolitonMan

Explorer
Just downloaded the PDF and am starting to look through it. From the overview I think the first section I'll get into is Chapter 8 and the new rules, then maybe check out the new classes. I haven't delved into the previews so it's pretty much all new to me. Can't wait to see the physical copy, the electronic one shows the same care and attention to detail we've come to expect from Paizo products. :)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I looked at the new rules first - the Hero Points, specifically. Looks like just the thing to get the PCs in both of my games through some tough encounters.

IronWolf

blank
I looked at the new rules first - the Hero Points, specifically. Looks like just the thing to get the PCs in both of my games through some tough encounters.

Excellent! Seeing Paizo's take on Hero Points was something I was interested in reading.

I am looking to add in Hero points for my Kingmaker Campaign getting set to start up to help aid PCs in those encounters that turned out to be a little tougher than expected. I was hoping that section was reasonable in the APG to help me accomplish that before needing to look at another system of hero points.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Woot! Just downloaded my subscription copy of the APG (and in process of getting last installment of Kingmaker and first of the new AP) as a PDF. Yeah. I've got the PDF at least a week before the book can be in my hands given the shipping time.

Thank you, Paizo, for being the best damn D&D-based RPG publisher in the biz.

Strange - I live further away from Washington state than almost everyone in the US, but I haven't gotten my e-mail yet. Grrr.......

TanisFrey

First Post
More feats, more fun! Plus, it isn't like WotC ever published a lot of feats for DnD 3.x, now did they? :)
I just printed out the WTOC 3.x Feat List from the wizards site. It runs 93 pages with 30-40 feats each page, about 1/3 are duplicates printed on more than one book and thus listed several times. So they printed about 2000-2500 feats.

I did this to look for one feat for undead. The feat allows intelligence undead to add their CHA bonus to their hit points instead of their nonexistent CON bonus. Still looking for it, any one know where it is?

Last edited:

Sylrae

First Post
Hmm. I remember seeing and using the feat, but I don't recall where I saw it. I'd recommend LM, Heroes of Horror, and Magic of Faerun as my first guesses though, looking at my bookshelf.

Sylrae

First Post
Oh. As Gorbacz Said.

I assumed when you were talkign about 3.5 feats you were going slightly off topic into a tangent about a 3.5 game.

Remove ads