• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder circulation

Mixmaster

Explorer
Best estimates are

2500 copies to GenCon, about 300 copies left over after GenCon. My guess is Paizo estimated a sale rate of about 100 copies an hour (the fire alarm late in the day on Saturday, an anecdotal accounts of a number of gamers deciding to head for dinner aftwords may have disrupted sales).

Ummm.

I don't think a fire alarm at 8:45pm would have disrupted sales.....

Alan Shutko

Explorer
Best estimates are

2500 copies to GenCon, about 300 copies left over after GenCon. My guess is Paizo estimated a sale rate of about 100 copies an hour

According to Paizo when I asked there, they said they'd need to sell 1 a minute while the dealer hall was open to sell out.

Dal Thrax

First Post
Well the CEO has stated that the first run was over two times the size of the companies largest prior run. As Paizo has stated that they have done 15,000 copy runs in the past, that puts the total of the first run at a minimum of 30,000 copies.

Toben the Many

First Post
The big question in my mind is not necessarily the precise number of their print run, but if this will propel Paizo into the #2 RPG company slot behind WotC. Currently, the #2 RPG slot is held by Dark Heresy.

And if it does propel Paizo that far, can they maintain that status? I'll be curious to find out.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Currently, the #2 RPG slot is held by Dark Heresy.

At least in terms of sales for one quarter of the year in the hobby channel only, apparently as determined by interviews.

I'd be shocked if WW wasn't #2 (with Paizo potentially ready with seige equipment at their gates). But I don't have any knowledge beyond my own guessing here.

Remove ads