• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Pathfinder] Flames of Littleton

Onyx

First Post
"I fear I have no real answer for you, but have you seen the glow in the south? Someone should investigate. Who will follow me? The others should lock themselves in this room." Devos says.

"Indeed sir, if there is a strange occurance to the south I should very much like to see it." says the elf with something of a hint to genuine interest.

"Hail travelers! Calls Calvin McHenrey to the people neer the Inn entrence. As he nears the door he continues, "Frier McHenrey is the name. I am guessing you have noteiced that unpleasent oder, Yes? Well I am wanting to investigate this strange occurence to the south to see if that is the source. Are you willing?"

Emerging from the stable, Lydia and Onslau almost collide with a very agitated cleric. "Calm down frier. Now what is this strange occurrence that you think need investigating?"

"Strange, this fellow here was of the same opinion." he says, gesturing at Devos.

Turning to Onslau Lydia says in an exited voice
"Fires what fires. Is that what Calvin meant about strange occurrences? That is definitely something I should look into." She then takes a couple of deep breaths and appears to get herself under control.

Lydia then smiles at the Elf "Good Evening Vithralas. A pleasure to meet you as well."

Taking stock of the young lady and halfling with the elf youthful face remains mostly expressionless. However, as the ivory-haired elf approches a look of plesant suprise crosses his face.

Looking directly at Vithralas, yet speaking to everyone congregated near the Inn's entrance, "I am Talmon Daellus, and it is quite the pleasure to meet you." after his gaze lingers at the other elf for just a moment too long he continues, "All of you, that is. I suggest that we make some degree of haste if we wish to see the source of this strange occurance before it has run its course."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Fire is just a guess, Lydia," says Onslau, "based on the color of the sky to the south. Looks like fire to me, but I suppose it'd have to be an awfully big one."

Rhun

First Post
"I'm rather new to these parts," says Vithralas, as the rest speak about the glow to the south. "Are wild fires common hereabouts?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Onslau shakes his head. "Not particularly, I suppose. Of course, now that I look at it more, that glow is too faint to tell if it's flickering. The glow from a fire fllickers."

Rhun

First Post
"Well, that stench is certainly not from any normal fire," says the elf, holding his hand up to his nose. "Unless you've been growing stinkweed as a crop?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Heh, heh. None of that, I'm sure. If it had come through our gristmill, I'm sure I'd have heard the complaints." Onslau's mouth hangs open for a second or two, and then snaps shut. "Oh no. The grist mill. If that is a fire, and it's heading this way, the family business may end up exploding."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Emerging from the stable, Lydia and Onslau almost collide with a very agitated cleric. "Calm down frier. Now what is this strange occurrence that you think need investigating?"

"Well I was just walking out of the shrine ..."

"Fetid winds and fires in the south," Onslau says with a wide grin. "We're simple folk hereabouts. Any excuse for a celebration. I'm Onslau Steeltoe. This here's Lydia. The excitable fellow blocking the door is Calvin."

"... I am not blocking the door, or maybe, i guess I am blocking the door ..."

he moves aside.

Turning to Onslau Lydia says in an exited voice "Fires what fires. Is that what Calvin meant about strange occurrences? That is definitely something I should look into."

"I said nothing about fires.That was Master Steeltoe ...Good eve mi lord," The greeting was said to Vithralas, "Yes, well the strange glow to the south could be a fire, but I would like some others to join me in checking this out. I am quite sure you may have notice the *shudder* peculiar oder. *shudder, gag* I think that there may be foul deeds afoot!"

ghostcat

First Post
"I'll come with you Frier. Flames or not, this sounds like something I should look into. Can you wait a few minutes, while I arrange for the stabling of my mule."

Lydia enters the inn and finds the innkeeper, assuming he has not taken Devos' suggestion and locked himself in his room. "Good evening innkeeper. I had just put my mule in your stable and was on my way to arrange from a room when I was co-opted to go investigate the flames. Could you be so kind as to look after my mule until I get back." Lydia tosses him a gold piece. "This should cover your costs."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
After Lydia head inside, Onslau says, "I'm coming too. Don't leave without me. I'll be back after I fetch a few things."

The halfling trots off to the south toward the rented rooms where his "adventuring gear" (as his father derisively refers to it) is stored. After donning his armor and gathering up other essentials, he heads back to Littleton Inn.

"Don't worry, Evie," he says to the curious landlady. "We're going to find out what's going on!"

Remove ads