• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder level 20

fireinthedust

Explorer
Arena: Actually, it wouldn't be a pit. Heck no! If we're going Epic Arena, I'd be doing it on an extraplanar moon, possibly in the ruins of a massive city built by the Old Ones. There would be floating menhirs, a giant planet on the horizon, and a massive red sun burning in a purple sky... Not an epic hole in the ground!

Alchemist: well, I suppose so. I admit, I'm a big fan of old school Sword & Sorcery stories, so the Alchemist just seems weird (ie: always has chemicals he can just whip together into a substance as a standard action? And that only work on him?!). I'm only just warming to the concept of the Inquisitor, and I'll need to review for that one.

The Witch is something I'm shocked no one wants to touch with a 10ft pole. Is it a flavour thing?

Lughart

First Post
Ok, kudos, you got me psyched about the arena now:).

And about the witch, I for one just prefers building cool things with the core classes. I have nothing against people using other stuff, and do try the APG classes from time to time, but I can usually get my character concept working fine without using them. Instead of the witch, for example, I'd just make a wizard specializing in enchantments and necromancies. Not the exact same thing, but similar enough that I don't care.

jackslate45

First Post
A witch also needs to be fighting things that can be affected by mind-effects. Some of her better hexes require this.

I would play the witch though. A very old elf who has seen many things. Or the Druid I am playing in my Rise of Runelords (Pathfinder) game. He would be famous because he defeat the Runelord.

Edit: 1 minute to slow lol. I would vote for the Scenario

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Heh! I was seriously considering a rogue/shadowdancer. :)

And jackslate, if you want a witch, that's cool! There's plenty of great options for me. I don't have my heart set on it at all. :)

kinem

Adventurer
The alchemist's power comes from his own magic, not from the chemicals. It's like a sorcerer but with chemicals as material components.

The witch seems cool but I've never been a fan of familiars. The method of learning spells by feeding scrolls to the familiar seems much more 'silly' to me than the alchemist.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Arena: See? I do the concept, it gets awesome. Just to challenge myself, I'm adding option 4: Pride and Prejudice. ...not really.

Okay, if we're going to do the Scenario it will be assuming you've overcome some major threats. Maybe each of you is the sole survivor. I don't want to say a particular AP, as excepting RotRL I've never gotten into them and don't know the exact ends (no spoilers pls)

Maybe make up your own (brief) histories and the major threat(s) you campaigned against. Feel free to use non-PF adventures translated into Golarion: like Savage Tide or Temple of Elemental Evil... okay, it's a stretch, but you get what I mean.

Lughart

First Post
Since it seems a few people wants to play rogues, I might switch to fighter. I looked over the high level abilities and feats, and a 20th level figher is a lot more deadly than I thought. It seems if I use a falchion I can get a critical of 15-20/x3 that confirms automatically. And I can wear full plate practically without encumberance. And deal con bleed. And ignore the attack penalties from power attack. Maybe old news to you guys, but the only games I've played past level 10 were 3.5.

Anyhow, I'll go fighter if someone else wants to take the rogue. I have some ideas for both classes.

jackslate45

First Post
I decided on my druid from RotRL. I would be interested in seeing him at 20, and how formidable he can be.

Weather Domain Druid, who with a bunch of his friends saved the town and area of Sandpoint (assumption. Only level 4 right now lol). Decided to travel around and see the world before creating his own village

Remove ads