• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder level 20

fireinthedust

Explorer
Item Creation: standard. If you're earning the gold for this stuff, spend it how you want. In fact, I would recommend having them so you can make the items you might well need to complete/survive 20th level scenarios.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
I'm more thinking of pregame crafting, if we craft pregame that will effectively double my wealth per level - which is perhaps a bit much. 880,000gp is already a heck of a lot of gp, let alone 1760,000.

Perhaps a limit on the time that could be spent crafting? 100 days of crafting for example would allow you to craft 100,000gps worth of items effectively increasing wealth to 980,000gp for a feat - or feats. Maybe even a certain amount of days per crafting feat? Though I'd be fine with not being able to pregame craft.

fireinthedust

Explorer
I see. Good point!

Just buy equipment normally. After game start you can craft whatever you want as standard.

btw: I'm fully supportive if people do want original items, if they're cool.

Also: I would like it if we could at least pretend that magical items are unique things. Ie: you might find a +4 sword, but it's a major magical item in the setting. At the very least, other people will think it's cool.

And you can't just go around buying magical items. Scrolls, sure. Wands, maybe. But other items are special things that NPCs will think of as quasi-miraculous.

Any thoughts on if you'd want to do Golarion, or try something different?

I'm tempted to make a setting on different planets in a fantasy solar system. You can travel between worlds by spells (plane shift = planet shift) or by riding magical beasts (ie: a powerful enough dragon).

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Great, works for me. As for setting I really don't know Golorion well enough to have a marked preference for it, so I'd say go with whatever you are most comfortable with. I'm planning to make my Arcane Bonded Object Intelligent btw just thought I'd check if that's cool - not sure why it would not be, but you never know, etc.

Lughart

First Post
Would you approve the leadership feat? I was envisioning my fighter as a military commander who had just come out of winning a battle, but losing every last soldier except his trusted squire (the cohort). In the course of the game I would work on rebuilding my organization, suiting it to meet the needs of the party.

EDIT: On second thought, a cohort might crave too much micromanaging for a PbP game.

Last edited:

Lughart

First Post
Another thought. I don't know how long you want this to run, but do you plan for us to ever level up? If so, what happens? The 3.5 epic rules can't exactly be used as written.

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Leadership: Depending on the cohort, I don't yet have a problem. I'll let you know if there ever is an issue in terms of power level, and right away I don't want them to do more than support a need the party has (ie: a healbot would be fine but a do-everything wizard wouldn't be; though a sage who makes low-level scrolls or only knowledge checks isn't a bad idea; a monster is likely fine, depending on what it is).

Leveling: I don't know. If the group gels together and we have fun, I may do one of two things: 1) go E6 and have everyone add a feat every 5000xp. or 2) try out one of the lesser-known level up options from the FRCS, or something similar. or (three things) 3) try letting people just add levels and go ridiculous.

I'm leaning towards E20 (feats), but I don't know. 4) is quit the game and start again with lower level characters. The scenario might finish off the setting, I don't know.

Creating an army: I kind of like this idea. I also have the 3e Stronghold builder's guidebook, and I've always wanted to try that out. Maybe this will be a good time for that.

Let's start off slowly, though. We can do those things later.

Question: do you folks want to start off as a group? Do you have one headquarters you work from, or individual keeps, towers and fortresses?

Padreigh

First Post
Level 20 ... I really should check this section of the forum more often. :)

If there is a spot left, I'd like to try a Level 20 Paladin (or maybe a cleric, if that would be a better choice for the group).

Shayuri

First Post
I think it's very reasonable to assume we at least know of each other...it's likely that there aren't very many individuals of our status (level 20) in the setting. Some of us may have worked together in the past...some of us may even have been adventuring buddies for an extended stretch before. We can work that out between ourselves.

I've got the Stronghold Builder's Guide too...it's a lot of fun if you're a bit of a gearhead like me. :)

fireinthedust

Explorer
Level 20 ... I really should check this section of the forum more often. :)

If there is a spot left, I'd like to try a Level 20 Paladin (or maybe a cleric, if that would be a better choice for the group).

The more the merrier. Either concept works fine for me. 9th level spells are handy things, especially things like Ressurect. I'm not saying you have to do them, but someone you have access to should. I'd suggest at least having a henchman who can cast raise dead, or several scrolls of similar spells handy.

Knowledge of each other: Yeah, there are very few other 20th level creatures in the setting, let alone good-aligned adventurers. You're very much on your own for this one.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads