• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder level 20

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
If we do E20 an gain a feat every 5000xp we are going to gain about twenty feats per encounter... I'd suggest a feat every 1 million experience points would be more appropriate assuming a fast progression. When you consider it takes 700,000xp to advance from 19th to 20th.

And my character's crunch is done! I was agonizing over spells until I just decided to work out the price of every wizard spell in the Core Rulebook and the APG - a smidge over 80,000gp by my calculations. I'll have the fluff done shortly...

Thadeius Varrarann
ThadeiusVarrSnowskadi.jpg

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Iconic party would be extra awesome! I'm all for us knowing one another lets us skip intros, etc.

If anyone has spare cash might I suggest diamonds btw, a component for many of the most essential spells. And heck if you bring 125,000gps worth I can cast five wishes in a row for you to give you a +5 inherent bonus to an ability score, preferably pregame as I'll need to blow all of my 9th level slots to do so. Could do it for a lesser amount, but you can't go from +1 to +5 later, etc., it has to be done in one go.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I might try to throw my hat in the works here. perhaps a wizard 9/fighter 1/eldrich knight 10

I also want to mention that what Aldern Foxglove makes a good point:

If we do E20 an gain a feat every 5000xp we are going to gain about twenty feats per encounter... I'd suggest a feat every 1 million experience points would be more appropriate assuming a fast progression. When you consider it takes 700,000xp to advance from 19th to 20th.

al though i might suggest every 250,000 xp as that is close to the 5000 xp to 21 000 xp ratio of e6

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Well this is PBP so 1 million will likely take an age, lol. If we look at a 4 man party we can see that a CR 20 will give 76,800xp to each character, a CR 21 102,400, CR 22 153,600. So we are probably looking at roughly 100,000xp for an "average" encounter, so 1 million will give us a new feat roughly every 10 encounters, half a million every five, etc. To my mind a quarter million is too low, but then epic encounters in my experience are either over exceedingly quickly or take ages so playing it by ear is probably best.

I doubt any of us will be hurting for feats, Thadeius has 16, a human fighter would have 22, so I doubt it will be a big issue.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads