• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder level 20

fireinthedust

Explorer
I suppose we should talk about rules options.

I think starting with point buy would be good. 25 PB is good to start, then add racial, then additional points as you level.

Shayuri

First Post
Lets also get some kind of summary about who's proposing what, to help those of us who haven't settled on a final concept pick something that won't be redundant.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Traits: I don't have the book for that one, so not yet. Suggested ones you'd like for future (ie: that work with a build) I don't mind.

HP: Um, I tend to go Max, then make up for it with powerful monsters.

Item creation: sure. Why not?

fireinthedust

Explorer
Wizard & Fighter: Ooooo, do I hear a Classic party forming?! Please someone go Cleric and Rogue (thief)!!! Anyone else would be great after that (a Cavalier, a Barbarian, a Bard, and maybe even an Assassin...).

I'm on a classic Sword & Sorcery kick right now, so concepts including barbarians, crumbling civilizations falling into savagery, and foul sorcery (read: wizardry) are welcome here. Elric, Conan, and when I'm done those I'm moving onto Lankhmar!

I'm going to EDIT the first post, to let you know my requirements for posting and playing in a game I run. Please re-read it, so you know what I'm looking for.

Shayuri

First Post
Hee hee

Well, I'm pondering a Rogue/Shadowdancer, or an Oracle right now.

So that's rogue, or cleric. :)

They both look like a lot of fun...

Out of curiosity, are the aasimar and tiefling races available? And if so, are they still level-adjusted? The Bestiary entry doesn't mention it, but I don't want to assume...

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Yes how will item creation feats be treated? Probably be simpler to just say you must pay full value for everything imo. What about custom items following the rules? By which I mostly mean paying the appropriate amount to combine existing items rather than creating new ones.

I've got my elven wizard pretty much plotted out, just need to finalize spell list and items.

fireinthedust

Explorer
LA makes sense. Basically: free magical resistances = at least a level.

So I'm not saying no, to them or, really, to other races. Keep in mind that they won't have the same number of class levels as other characters. Also, I'm not sure if being a monster race is a good idea or not.

Major powers like SR I likely won't allow, but I don't know how it plays in-game. We'll see!

Remove ads