[Pathfinder] The Fog of War

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Here Rev, let me ease your pain." Sam bows his head briefly in prayer and uses a Calming Touch to ease his fatigue and pain.

Tevye stops for a moment, a fresh light shining in his eyes. "Amazing," he says. "Amazing. Thank you, Sam."

"We can rest for a bit if you want," Mellisande offers...though she herself appears no less spry now than she did at the journey's beginning, despite her having to move her legs faster to keep up.

Piedra keeps plodding on without seeming to tire. Once they stop and the others start to fuss over Tevye, Piedra chips in "We could stop for the night, if it would help Tevye. If you like, I'll look for a camp site. My feeling is that Tevye can't go on like this and that we really need to find some transport."

Tevye shakes his head. "No, no. I can continue. We need to cover as much ground as we can before sunset."

More time passes. From the direction of travel, everyone sees a rapidly moving plume of white smoke snaking above the trees toward the gray sky. A rhythmic clack! clack! grows louder. Racing over a rise scores of yards ahead comes a huge object, belching white smoke from a vent on its back. Its wheels clack! clack! more loudly. It stretches for an impossibly long way, vanishing from sight over the rise even while more than a hundred feet can be seen moving as fast as a galloping horse. The great machine travels along the metal tracks, pulling large, box-like wagons behind it.

Piedra's keen eyes spot the tell-tale shapes of guards riding atop the machine's back.

ghostcat

First Post
Piedra's jaw drops at the sight of the monster truck shooting towards them. However, his awe does not stop him from spotting the guards. "Guards. Quick, we need to hide." He quickly looks round for a place where the party can safely hide until the monstrosity has passed.

Andor

First Post
Sam pushes Tevye towards the cover of the trees, shaking his head even as he goes. "What sort of monstrosity is that? An armoured worm?" Mr. Chitters complains loudly about the noise of the beast before Sam shushes him.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
As the party rushes for cover, the "monstrosity" starts to pass. Tevye gasps. Watching as it passes by, it is obvious that the box-like wagons carry people.

ventana_tren.jpg

Wagon after wagon, at least 50 of them, rumble into view. People inside the wagons are pushing bits of paper out of the spaces between boards, out the small windows. Dozens and dozens of scraps dance through the air, hit the frozen ground, tumbling along, pulled by the wind caused by the massive machine.

"It's a train," Tevye says to Sam. "Taking my people to their deaths."

The party sees a half-dozen soldiers. There could be more inside. As quickly as the train rolled into view, it will soon have roared on down the tracks, out of reach and then out of sight.

[sblock=OOC]If you all want to assault the moving train, there is time to do so. Otherwise, continue as if it has gone on its way.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Mellisande shot a look at the train speeding past and sighed. "I'm going to wish I knew that fleet foot spell before this is over..." Oddly, her mouth formed into a grin though.

"Come on, everyone! Grab on to one of those handle things on the side! Then we can climb up to the roofs of the houses and just jump and run to the front!"

The gnomelet starts hurrying after the train, trying to get going fast enough on her short little legs that she can grab onto one of the handholds on the passing cars.

Andor

First Post
Tevye says, "The front is the engine. Stop the engine; stop the train."

OOC: Looks like you might be editing that post, ghostcat. :)

Sam cannot bear the sight of so many innocents being consigned to their deaths in the belly of this metal beast. He springs to his feet and runs towards the front of the 'train' trying to grasp one of the handles Mellisande noticed and haul himself aboard the beast.

Remove ads