Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [OOC 01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Of course, there's also 'Temple of Elemental Evil' . . . Meddyg is still waiting to make an appearance in that one! :D:p

(I would LOVE for you to take the extended break as an opportunity to convert that game to Pathfinder! Even more scrumptious!)

Last edited:

grufflehead

First Post
I know I said I'd withdrawn from ToEE consideration AND was on a general downer with PF, but if you did start it up again as a PF game Rhun, I'd retract my retractions!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Housekeeping

Now that we can 'streamline' the dice roller display, let's start using it! (Instructions for streamlining are below in case you haven't found it on your own yet - PLEASE 'streamline' the display!).

Instructions for 'Streamlining' the Dice Roller
  1. Click the 'Settings' link toward the top left.
  2. Click the 'Edit Options' link in the left sidebar.
  3. Scroll down to 'Thread Display Options.'
  4. Click the 'Streamlined' radio button under 'Dice Roller Display.'

Easy Peasy!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I'm not sure I like the little narrow box under all the posts but I guess I can get use to it.

Will have Leaf ready to go tonight, tomorrow latest ready to start the AP.

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'm making a slight change to the way we do initiative. This should smooth things out a bit and make combat move a little faster.

Surprise rounds work per RAW (Rules as Written). Initiative will be determined by taking the best roll of the party vs the best roll of their opponent. Actions will be taken in the order in which they are posted. This should help keep ret-conning posts to a minimum.

For Example:
Lerissa rolls a 12, Leaf rolls a 15, and Abraxis an 18. The Chokers roll a 9, 10 and 16. The party would go first, but if Mike posts for Lerissa before Matthew posts for Abraxis, then Lerissa's action comes before Abraxis' in spite of the fact that Abraxis rolled better on his initiative.

This way you can post whenever you're ready rather than waiting for your initiative turn, which should speed up posting somewhat. And anyone who's posting can just look at the actions that come before theirs and choose their own actions accordingly, rather than having to go back and revise their actions if a party member with a higher initiative count posts after them and their actions invalidate something the lower initiative count did.

This system will favor the group with the highest number of people. That's fine with me, as 1) the party typically has more numbers than their opponents and 2) it only makes a difference in the first round (after that we alternate party/enemy anyway).

This rule is reflected in the House Rules/Game Play section of my OP site.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I like it for pbp, init and posting order being a bother. What will happen if someone takes Improved Init or the trait that gives you a +2 to your init. Should they really be charged a feat to possibly go last if they are having RL issues?

I mean although that really doesn't bug me(as I can possible post first all the time LOL) you will see some people in some games wishing they could go before others of the group. i.e. the guy with the bow but doesn't have Presice Shot yet

My main problem as a DM, in pbp with init, is spell casters. They will dictate casting a spell although they know they go after the monsters move and then the area/effect is really screwed up. Like in FoF when WD wanted to cast Glitterdust but the striges went first and by the time it was his turn they were all over the party (those that were left anyway.)

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Yeah, posting order has potential to mess things up in PbP. Improved Initiative still really helps the party go first.

This isn't a big deal for me. It may sacrifice too much for the sake of streamlining. If we do it for a few fights and folks feel like they're getting the short end of the stick we can change back.

Remove ads