Paths of Legend: The Sunless Citadel (IC)

Yttermayn

First Post
Delber rubs his chin and thinks for a moment. then an eyebrow arches and his eyes light up.

"well, you see. When I conjur forces of magic I take the words, gestures and my will and call forth to places far and alien to bring to my hand the material I need at the moment. when a priest calls forth for healing magic, it is like a channel to the very gods is opened and a measure of divine prescense is trickled through and the body of the injured living being knits together or what ever other effect the priest is wanting to do.Does that make sense?"

Merenita is silent for a very long moment. Periodically she looks at Delber, or the dwarf, or the one who healed him. Finally she looks back at Delber. "I didn't see any of that happening! Are you teasing me?" she asks incredulously. "Show me the gestures, tell me the words. We'll see if I can make something happen!" she says excitedly. "Or we'll see if you're full of it." she adds after a moment.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
**SIIIIGGGGHHHH**

"Look, I am not gifted or blessed with the talen needed to channel the poser of the gods, however I am gifted and talented with the magic of the arcane arts. when I geet a chance I will show you. maybe tonight when we camp for the day. Right now we are preparing to go through a door that has been cleverly hidden to keep people like all of us from going through it and we just dont know what is on the other side, so discretion from stealth might be of the needed essence here."

Delber gives her a very patient (and strained) look if she continues he will prepare to reiterate the need for silence though....

OOC: yeesh, that spider is a pest!

Yttermayn

First Post
Merenita is somehow able to give the distinct impression that she is raising an eyebrow at Delber, despite the fact that she lacks the anatomy to do so. "Ok." she says simply.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

“Like most things, it requires talent, but also training. You cannot just do it. Shall we proceed, then?”

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Vardok's examination of the secret door reveals a poison needle trap cunningly concealed in the opening mechanism. He has little trouble removing the needle, though once it is done he realizes that any poison on the needle evaporated long ago.

The door opens onto a tiny 10 foot by 10 foot chamber with arrow slits in the eastern wall looking out onto the rubble field outside. It appears that no one has been in this chamber for centuries as a cloud of dust wafts out when the door opens.

Likewise, the three archers who once defended the citadel are long dead, their skeletons still clutching rotten and useless crossbows.

This pocket chamber is damp and cold. The skeletons of three long-dead archers slump against rubble-filled arrow slits along the east and south wall.

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

“Well, this room doesn't seem to be in use now, or does it? Can't be careful enough, though...”

Pointing her polearm in front of her, Lenya moves closer and pokes one of the skeletons with it.

Remove ads