• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: The Sunless Citadel (IC)

maddmic

Explorer
Darik looks at Ringrill. "I know nothing of this ravine. I was sent here on a fact finding mission from my church. Upon arriving in town, I discovered that a man, Sir Braford, was missing. Upon meeting this group I have fallen in with, I discovered that there are children who followed him on some quest of his own. I am here because this is the place that they were heading to and am trying to discover their whereabouts. I also am hoping to find them before they meet an untimely fate."

Looking at the rest of the new faces, he continued. "I was hoping that some of you, or at least the goblin would be able to help us in this matter. It is, of course, of utmost importance that we find the children before anything happens to them."

evillyn666

First Post
Rashana follows Darik’s lead to confront the humanoids and is subsequently disappointed to find the possible child is in fact just a goblin. She lowers her crossbow after a few moments as the group does not appear hostile, at least to them. The goblin on the other hand is an entirely different matter to which the Sorceress could hardly object. Talk of cannibalism did not bode well for the children’s survival chances.

Distracted from the interrogation already in progress, Rashana finds herself fascinated by Merenita. The sorceress eyes the creature with an intense curiosity. It is not every day one encounters a giant arachnid capable of speech and with a rather docile disposition. Folklore from her homeland is filled with stories of nature spirits taking on corporeal form in the shape of various animals. Could this spider be such a spirit?

Atanatotatos

First Post
As Ringrill lets go of the goblin Athanil shows a disapproving look, though he doesn't try to keep hold of the nimble creature. I doubt letting it go would be a good idea. He will just go back to his tribe. And vile little creatures are these goblins. They're cruel and uncivilized, and show no respect for the forests or the rivers, nor for life. Although worse smelling, they do resemble humans in these regards. He comments, looking with an untrusting face at the group of strangers.

ooc:Athanil is a human. From appearance he seems to be at least.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Kael's knowledge of the natural world gives him no clues as to what the talking spider might be.

OOC: Knowledge (Arcana) will prove more useful here.

The goblin, suddenly free, runs for its life, heading northwest along the edge of the ravine.

The Old Road passes to the east of a narrow ravine. At the road's closest approach to the cleft, several broken pillars jut from the earth where the ravine widens and opens into something more akin to a deep, but narrow canyon. Two of the pillars stand straight, but most of them lean against the sloped earth. Others are broken, and several appear to have fallen into the darkness-shrouded depths. A few similar pillars are visible on the opposite side of the ravine.

Darkness is fast approaching as evening sets in.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"uhhhh, wait, i think i understand you...you are not sure where you are from as you have never see others of your peoples? and further more you know difinitively that these goblins are indeed cannables and he just let one go free?".

Delber scows at the one who relessed the goblin " I was also wondering about this apple he mentioned as he escaped."

OOC: Knowledge arcana:

1d20+4=13

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
Kael looks down at the dwarf, oddly enough liking him the instant he threatened him with the arms and the neck and the death. He stays away from the main group, listening a bit but mostly flippant about the whole ordeal. However the goblin running away wasn't his most favorite thing to happen that day. He shows his bow to the dwarf, complete with arrow notched, and in his flowery accent speaks quietly in clear dwarven, "Want me to get him?"

Yttermayn

First Post
Merenita turns to watch the fleeing goblin, repressing the urge to jump and kill it, though the tension in her body suggests significant effort is involved. "You know it will only warn the others." She watches it go and turns back to the group. "As far as cannibalism goes, well, they sure don't eat apples." She kicks the fruit for emphasis. "And I keep smelling... death, drifting up from below. I didn't go and ask them what they were doing with the people they dragged down there."

Last edited:

maddmic

Explorer
As the conversation continues to reveal nothing that helps Darik in his mission he sighs heavily. "Carry who down where?" His question is out of exasperation and definitely one that is betraying his concern.

Arkhandus

First Post
Vardok turns to face Kael, from his cover. (Dwarven) "Yeh! Goblins ain't good fer nothin' but dyin'. As yeh c'n see, Ah jes' got daggers an' clubs. Li'l bugger ran off too quick."

He decides that whatever ambush the giant spider and the strangers might pull off isn't going to happen yet, so he may as well rejoin the group, though keeping a wary eye on the strangers. The dwarf walks over to the rest of the group and makes certain the strangers can see the distrust on his face. Or maybe it's constipation. Hard to tell. (Common) "Ah'm Vardok Stonekennel, an' Ah'll be watchin' yeh," he warns, standing beside the folks he came down the road with.

Vardok will help set up camp whenever the others feel like it, but he'll insist that "Ah'll take th' secon' watch. One from each group oughtta share watches, so's we c'n be shure they ain' up ta nothin'."

Remove ads