• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: The Sunless Citadel (IC)

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Sapling 1 and 2 resisting trips (1d20+1=5, 1d20+1=4)

Lenya and her guisarme are a flurry of motion as the plant creatures are first knocked down and one is then chopped into kindling, though the other manages to roll away enough to avoid the follow-up attack.

The surviving sapling tries to get-up (OOC: and provokes again).

The other four saplings advance, two coming after Ringrill, the other two going for Kael.

Saplings 3 and 4 claw attacks and damage vs Ringrill (1d20=13, 1d3-1=0, 1d20=16, 1d3-1=2)

One of them drives its needle-like claws into Ringrill's leg. (OOC: Ringrill is still flat-footed as he hasn't acted yet. Ringrill takes 2 points of damage and needs to make a Fort save please.)

Saplings 5 and 6 claw attacks and damage vs Kael (1d20=20, 1d3-1=2, 1d20=11, 1d3-1=1)

Critical confirmation and extra damage if successful (1d20=3, 1d3-1=0)

One of the creatures drives its needle-like claws into Kael as well. (OOC: Kael takes 2 points of damage and needs to make a Fort save please.)

OOC: Next action - Ringrill

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Ringrill's sword slices neatly through one of the saplings, killing it.

OOC: Now, everyone who hasn't already, please roll initiative as the sound of battle has awakened everyone. Everyone not involved in round 1 starts round 2 prone, except Merenita, who starts round 2 one move action away down the ravine.

OOC: Still need a Fort save for Kael.

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

As the strange creature recovers from her first attack, Lenya already takes aim for another strike, but the sapling can once more evade her hooked polearm.

OOC: Err, was a bit too eager and rolled for another trip attack, which was wrong. I'll just redo the whole thing right... AC 6; miss.

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

[SBLOCK=Round 2 Action]Lenya slashes her guisarme down against the creature, but her grip on the weapon is a bit off, and it strikes weaker than intended.

OOC: Attacking the sapling with another Trip attack.
Touch Attack 20, Trip Check 10, Follow-Up Attack 13 (vs. AC-4), Damage 8 (slashing);
If the sapling beats Lenya's Trip Check, the Resist Check for the counter-trip is 4 (or 8, if Improved Trip does help there, but I don't think so);
If the sapling wins this as well, Lenya drops her guisarme, then uses her remaining move action to pick it back up. ;)

Regardless of the outcome, Lenya makes a 5-ft. step away from the sapling afterwards.
[/SBLOCK]

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Just to help me keep things straight, please wait to post actions until your turn comes up in the initiative. ;) Thanks. I'll post the round 2 initiative order once everyone's initiative rolls are in.

Thanee

First Post
OOC: Sorry! Figured you might have to wait for me otherwise, while I am asleep (different time zone). I'm also pretty much unavailable for most of the weekend, hence posting ahead made sense from my pov. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads