• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: The Sunless Citadel (IC)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I wonder where they came from?" Delber asks aloud as he crawls back into his bedrolll and is fast asleep before any can answer.

Last edited:

evillyn666

First Post
Rashana stands over the splintered remains of an animated sapling and pokes at it curiously with her spear. Satisfied that it is indeed dead, she kneels down to examine the remnants. Unfortunately such a bizarre creature escapes her modest, but growing, mystical knowledge. The sorceress strips a good sized portion of bark from a severed limb for future use. The bark of an animated tree must have some useful arcane properties.

With the action subsided, most return to their beds and Rashana eagerly follows their lead. Rest now for tomorrow will be a most strenuous day.

maddmic

Explorer
Darik looks at the beings and at the others. He simply asks, but not necessarily expecting an answer, ""What were those things?"

He watches as Kelset performs healing on two of the combatants. He then hears Rashana and nods. "If these things are any indication as to what we're up against, I would agree that rest would be in order. Who knows what other strange beings we'll have to fight on the morrow." With that, Darik goes back to his spot and lays back down. He keeps his sword near his hand and tries to fall asleep.

OOC: Appologies to all. I could've sworn I posted yesterday. I guess it's a good thing I rolled terrible for my initiative.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Knowledge...or lack thereof

Athanil's examination of the creatures confirms that they are indeed animate plants of some sort, but he's never seen nor heard of anything quite like these before. He's pretty sure his knowledge is not at fault so that must mean the creatures are new, unknown even to those who study such things.

The Next Morning

OOC: Assuming you take a little extra time to make sure everyone is fully rested, everyone who is injured heals an additional 1 hp and spellcasters may prepare their spells.

Nothing else troubles the group that night. The next day finds a gray hazy sky welcoming the group, along with a light drizzle of rain that promises to persist throughout the day.

Ril and Krek both seem agitated, though that seems to be with eachother as one canine snarls and glares at the other and vice versa.

The apple currently in Merenita's care is still ripe and fresh looking, despite being jostled last night and the overall unpleasant conditions of this day.

Climbing Down

The previous group of adventurers left their rope attached to one of the pillars (OOC: DC 0 Climb check). The goblins have also carved hand and foot holds directly into the ravine wall (DC 10). A rope harness of some sort will need to be worked out for the canines.

Yttermayn

First Post
Darik looks at the beings and at the others. He simply asks, but not necessarily expecting an answer, ""What were those things?"

He watches as Kelset performs healing on two of the combatants. He then hears Rashana and nods. "If these things are any indication as to what we're up against, I would agree that rest would be in order. Who knows what other strange beings we'll have to fight on the morrow."

Merenita's muffled voice echos out of the nearby ravine. "They were annoying little things sent to disrupt our sleep! Seems like there's something annoying that is still disrupting our sleep! Maybe we have to squish it too!" she says in a grouchy but insincere tone.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Well at least we have plenty of tinder for a fire this morning." he sits down and starts studieing his spells and eating a portion of rations for breakfast. Any who look at him will see his previously somewhat messy red hair is truely in disarray. not too far off from looking like flames on his head.

"I'm ready" he says after a while. "Just where did those things from last night come from , any way?"

OOC: spells are updated

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Vardok rises with a yawn, grumbles incoherently about annoying nightly interruptions, and gets his breakfast. He lets Krek work out his aggression towards the other mutt, until it's time to head down into the rah-veen.

"Awlright, we're goin' down. Git movin'!" the dwarf barks. He drags Krek away by the collar, and ropes the dog in the harness he had started making yesterday. Soon he's ready to lower the dog down, and once that's finished, he says "Once Ah'm down, Ah'll untie Krek. Yeh c'n toss the ot'er mutt then. Toss mah rope down affer that."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads