Percy Jackson and The Olympians | Official Trailer

one of the best parts of the two movies

f8435ecdfa46511d0a4d74bcb3659f43.jpg
Whilst the joke is funny because of the the casting, it's a prime example of why the movie was a very poor adaptation of the books, which try and keep the meta-humour low key (even more so than Harry Potter). The basic scenario is whacky enough without labouring the point.

Last edited:

aco175

Legend
It is new Disney, so I'm not holding out for much. Their success rate has not been that good lately. I might watch the first one or two to see how it goes, but then we are talking about weekly releases, so I guess I wait until February to binge the whole thing. I'm guessing by then we will know if it is worth watching.

Great to see Riordan is on board and the actors are much closer to book age. If the series does well they won't be 30 trying to play 15 year olds by the end.

The one thing I always wish they did with longer series like this is do more than one book a season. Do book 1 with 6-8 episodes in the fall, take a winter break, and do the same with book 2 in the spring. I'm probably missing out on some industry reasons why that doesn't happen. But I can dream.

Surprise! Disney released the debut at 9PM Eastern tonight, rather than wait until 3AM Eastern tomorrow morning. Just saw the notice on Facebook and I am firing the show up now.

Great to see Riordan is on board and the actors are much closer to book age. If the series does well they won't be 30 trying to play 15 year olds by the end.

The one thing I always wish they did with longer series like this is do more than one book a season. Do book 1 with 6-8 episodes in the fall, take a winter break, and do the same with book 2 in the spring. I'm probably missing out on some industry reasons why that doesn't happen. But I can dream.
Netflix adapted the first two books into one series in it's Lockwood and Co adaptation. Shame it didn't attract enough attention for another series.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
So far, this is a way better adaptation of the books than the first movie (which I had expected, given that Rick was involved in making this). Some of the CGI has been iffy, but I thought the rest of it was solid. I'm glad to be finally getting a good adaptation of my favorite series from my childhood. Here's to hoping that the rest of the books can get adapted, too.

Also, Daddario was a terrible Annabeth. I've liked her in other things (White Lotus), but she was not a convincing daughter of Athena and was way too old for the role.

Remove ads