[PF]Cruel Skies

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
may i suggest an Idea?

[sblock=an idea]
roll one number. players, npc's and baddies all use the sme base and add modifiers to base number. If the DM rolls the base number, and if inits are all known, list can be made as per inititive mods vs base number.

that is my two pennies
signed,

the lurker
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION]; providing an actual Initiative count defeats the advantage of having group initiative (Players' Turn then Monsters' Turn or vice versa).

From a DM point of view, waiting 1-2 days for a player to post once their Initiative comes up can draw out combat to take a week or more per round. In my games, that is waaaayyy too slow. I play to post daily or at most every other day, though.

In games I run with group initiative, the players have 2-3 days as a group to post before I NPC them and move on, actions are resolved in posted order unless the player states otherwise (meaning they want their action to follow someone else.) Of course I speed things along, by providing frequent updates for their results to dice rolls too.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
BTW, I leave on a business trip for 4 days out of the country. I should have Internet, but I might be short on time. When I get back other RL issues will take away my gaming next weekend, so I might be scarce for the next 7 days.

But it doesn't like I am holding things up at the moment. ;)

Lughart

First Post
Well, I have a programming exam on friday and a system design assignement due on sunday, so the I'll be a slow poster the following week as well. I'm guessing everyone has a lot on their plate until the holidays are over.

Lughart

First Post
s@squ@tch: If you still want in, you have two choice. Either we ignore your initial post and I write you in somehow. That will be easy, but might take a little time IRL. Or, we say you've been with them the whole time, which is not that much of a stretch, and you waited at the top of the ravine when the others went down. That would explain why you haven't done anything during the combat. The enemies are fleeing, so you could come down and join them if they let the enemy go, or roll init if they decide to pursue.

I said during recruiting that this wouldn't be a very serious game, so I don't mind little fudges like this. If you're still interrested, read through the thread and post yourself in.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Not sure exactly what you meant by being able to pursue, if that is double moves to regain sight on them, or just move once and then attack. Tyrien can move 6 squares and can look down the tunnels to see either fleeing hornet possibly. Not sure which one that would be, but she should be able to tell based on how far they moved before the AoO and the distance to be lost from sight.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I head out with family to fly stateside tomorrow morning at "O dark thirty" (approximately 7 hours from now, actually). I probably won't be able to post again for at least 48 hours or more. I should have Internet access regularly at my family's houses, but may not have much time. However, I expect to be slow in posting across the board until I am back to work on 4 Jan.

So if the others decide that we are going to do something while I am away, Tyrien will be happy to position herself just inside the room and fire arrows, hitting wounded ones first. Shar will stay close to protect her.

Happy Holidays. :)

Remove ads