PFS #41: Crypt of Fools

IronWolf

blank
Kronk begins searching the room while waiting for the unconcious members to come to or for other plans to materialize to get them out of the chamber.

Taking his time to study the room, Kronk checks the straw-lined cages along the walls and finds what he believes to be the remains of the engineers and some of the other missing people from Cassomir. Several of the engineers that went missing are lying weak and unconcious in the straw-lined cages. As they slowly come to with some prodding they quickly explain that they believe they were to be slain and re-animated as skeletons or zombies. They are extremely appreciative of the timely intervention and are anxious to return to the surface.

Moving back to the desk at the one end of the room, Kronk finds a false bottom in the top drawer where he finds several documents. It seems between the documents two plans are outlined. The first was Dalirio's plan of creating small bands of these skeletons to assault Cassomir. The other speaks of a plan from the derro's who apparently planned to infiltrate a major Cassomir building via hidden tunnels below the surface and kidnap everyone inside.

Continuing his searching, Kronk finds a small switch beneath the desk. Triggering the switch causes the room to rotate and seals the entrance back the way you came and reveals a tunnel in the eastern wall. The tunnel appears to be one of the secret tunnels that the clan has been using to move about beneath the city with their presence unknown.

Kronk also finds a chest which contains several Cassomir Trade bars of some value.

Much of this seems to be like information Hestia would like to know.

PeteZero

First Post
Kronk looks at his findings, and he takes the letter speaking aks of a plan from the derro's who apparently planned to infiltrate a major Cassomir building via hidden tunnels below the surface and kidnap everyone inside [sblock=DM]looks like the right one for his second mission[/sblock]. He will open the cages, "I'd say, we guide you outside, don't know if anything else might happen. And I don't want you killed, after we got you out of here." With this he will help to wake the two unconscious people up, and then is ready to head outside.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jalil takes up the unconscious Isandra, beckons to the others, and follows Kronk (carrying Karasu) outside.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Jalil Khoury
Male Half-Elf Inquisitor 2
NG Medium Humanoid (elf, human)
Init +6; Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +12
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor, +1 Dex)
hp 15 (2d8+2); Judgement of Sacred Healing 1
Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7
Defensive Abilities Judgement of Sacred Protection +1; DR Judgement of Sacred Resiliency 1: Magic; Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Judgement of Sacred Purity +1, Judgement of Sacred Resistance 2 (Cold)
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft.
Melee Cestus +4 (1d4+1/19-20/x2) and
. . Masterwork Scimitar +5 (1d6+1/18-20/x2)
Ranged Masterwork Longbow, Composite (Str +1) +5 (1d8+1/x3)
Special Attacks Judgement of Sacred Destruction +1, Judgement of Sacred Justice +1, Judgement of Sacred Piercing +1, Judgement of Sacred Smiting (Magic)
Spell-Like Abilities Detect Alignment (At will)
Inquisitor Spells Known (CL 2, +4 melee touch, +4 ranged touch):
1 (3/day) Shield of Faith (DC 14), Bless, Cure Light Wounds (DC 14)
0 (at will) Resistance (DC 13), Disrupt Undead, Stabilize, Detect Magic, Light
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 17, Cha 12
Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 13
Feats Cosmopolitan (Knowledge [local], Linguistics), Skill Focus (Perception) (Adaptability)
Traits Armor Expert, Elven Reflexes
Skills Acrobatics -1, Bluff +5, Climb -1, Diplomacy +5, Disguise +5, Escape Artist -1, Fly -1, Heal +7, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +5, Knowledge (local) +5, Knowledge (nature) +5, Knowledge (planes) +5, Knowledge (religion) +5, Perception +12, Profession (Guide) +7, Ride -1, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +3, Survival +7, Swim -1 Modifiers Monster Lore
Languages Common, Elven, Kelish, Osiriani, Thassilonian
SQ Elf Blood, Fire Bolt (1d6+1) (6/day), Inquisitor Domain: Fire, Judgement (1/day), Track +1
Combat Gear Arrows (20), Arrows, Blunt (20), Cestus, Masterwork Agile Breastplate, Masterwork Longbow, Composite (Str +1), Masterwork Scimitar; Other Gear Alchemist's Fire Flask, Backpack (8 @ 7 lbs), Chalk, 1 piece (5), Fishhook, Flint and steel, Lantern, hooded, Oil (1-pint flask) (3), Rations, trail (per day) (2), Rope, silk (50 ft.), Sack (7 @ 6 lbs)
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Alchemist's Fire Flask - 0/1
Arrows - 10/20
Arrows, Blunt - 0/20
Fire Bolt (1d6+1) (6/day) (Sp) - 1/6
Judgement (1/day) (Su) - 1/1
Rations, trail (per day) - 0/2
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Armor Expert -1 Armor check penalty.
Detect Alignment (At will) (Sp) Detect chaos, evil, good, or law at will.
Elf Blood You are counted as both elven and human for any effect relating to race.
Elven Immunities +2 save bonus vs Enchantments.
Elven Immunities - Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Fire Bolt (1d6+1) (6/day) (Sp) 30' Ranged touch attack deals 1d6+1 Fire damage.
Inquisitor Domain: Fire Granted Powers: You can call forth fire, command creatures of the inferno, and your flesh does not burn.
Judgement (1/day) (Su) Variable bonuses increase as the combat continues.
Judgement of Sacred Destruction +1 (Su) Weapon Damage bonus.
Judgement of Sacred Healing 1 (Su) Fast Healing
Judgement of Sacred Justice +1 (Su) Attack bonus
Judgement of Sacred Piercing +1 (Su) Concentration and vs. SR bonus
Judgement of Sacred Protection +1 (Su) AC bonus
Judgement of Sacred Purity +1 (Su) Save bonus
Judgement of Sacred Resiliency 1: Magic (Su) DR/magic
Judgement of Sacred Resistance 2 (Cold) (Su) Energy Resistances
Judgement of Sacred Smiting (Magic) (Su) DR bypass
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Monster Lore +3 (Ex) +3 to Knowledge checks when identifying the weaknessess of creatures.
Track +1 +1 to survival checks to track.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.
[/sblock]

Helfdan

First Post
"Let me see the other documents, please..." (Referring to the ones Kronk did not keep.)

Kalenth then retrieves his axe, and as the others exit, he lingers reading the documents describing Dalirio's plans. Once alone in the room, he quickly puts together some straw from one of the empty cells, strikes flint to light it a-flame, and consigns the pieces of parchment to the fire. Once they are burning merrily, he follows the others out.

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
Gathering up the stabalized but still unconcious fellow pathfinders the group rescues the kidnapped victims and gathers up what they wish and head back to the surface of Cassomir.

The kidnapped engineers are happy to be back on the surface and you are soon met by Queck, the gnome from the Hall of Wonders. She thanks you for the return of those that were still alive and promises to usher the survivors to safety.

From there you head back to the Pathfinder lodge to meet with Hestia again.

Arriving at the lodge, the Pathfinders quickly help you with your unconcious friends providing enough healing to being them back to being able to stand on their own. Shortly after you are ushered into Hestia's office. She stands behind her desk and listens to the tale you tell. She seems quite concerned at the plot you have uncovered and is glad to at least learn you ended the threat of Dalirio Teppish's immediate plan.

[sblock=OOC]

Sort of a rushed end there, but I know mowgli has another game he wants to use Jalil for starting soon. I aim to have chronicles signed and available for download by Saturday afternoon/evening. I will try to get them done sooner, but not sure if I will be able to.

Sorry for all of the delays during this game. This summer has been pretty crazy and sort of threw a monkeywrench into a lot of things!

[/sblock]

PeteZero

First Post
Thank you very much for running and finishing it, even with it seems a very busy life! Hope to see you around, or to catch you in another game (as a player?), but for the moment it seems unlikely, or?

IronWolf

blank
Thank you very much for running and finishing it, even with it seems a very busy life! Hope to see you around, or to catch you in another game (as a player?), but for the moment it seems unlikely, or?

No problem. I hate to leave games unfinished! You might run into me as a player, I will likely be taking a break from GMing for a bit to let my real life calm down a bit. You should take a look at the Living Pathfinder boards here. Good group of people to play with.

I had a great time with you all! Will there be any other PF scenario soon? :)

I will be taking a GMing break for a bit, so I am not planning on running another in the short term.

Remove ads