PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
“Yes… A song…” Eleria mutters and half grins, concealing a slight grimace as her mind is very hazy and evidently on other things right now.

Still breathing heavily, she glances around the scene of the battle and sees the extent of the webbing and the carcass of the dead arachnid. With the adrenaline now wearing thin, the pulse of the poison in her veins becomes all the more apparent and feels feint all of a sudden. A thought of harvesting the poison had crossed her mind, yet, with little idea of the anatomy of the creature(s), that no longer seemed like a sensible idea right now. Maybe later. Dropping the crosbow, she staggers back against the wall and slumps to the ground clutching her leg where the oversized insect had bitten, tears welling in her eyes.

Eleria mearly nods at the suggestion of rest.

[sblock=OOC]My, my. You guys were busy last night. Well... last night for me, anyhow.

FORT Save 9
FORT Save 17

Know: Nature 9

Heal 1 3
Heal 2 11
Heal 3 1
Heal 4 3

Initiative 19 (Unmodified - I don't yet know the full DEX effect of the poison).

Good luck working out those heal checks, Phoenix. Though you can probably just ignore Eleria's altogether!!

I would like the option of harvesting the venom before resting, though I figure that poor Eleria would be a little overwhelmed at the situation right now and will leave it 'til later on if poss. And yes. Definitely rest. ;)

Incidentally, sorry guys, for opening the door on the spider and letting it into the fight. I figured that since my character had never seen such massive insects before, had already been bitten twice and was trapped in a bathroom with them, that she'd try to get the hell outa there ASAP. The surprise spider proved it to be a dangerous option. :p

Oh. And I will adopt that method of recording XP. Thanks Phoenix.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Deus Ex Machina said:
Incidentally, sorry guys, for opening the door on the spider and letting it into the fight. I figured that since my character had never seen such massive insects before, had already been bitten twice and was trapped in a bathroom with them, that she'd try to get the hell outa there ASAP. The surprise spider proved it to be a dangerous option. :p

Actually, I liked it. Reminded me of something one of the game designers talked about - "retreating forward". Never saw the phenemonon before, until this game. Was actually pretty glad I saw it.

Phoenix8008

First Post
With a flurry of precise motion, Xir instructs all party members to sit down in a circle facing each other, quickly! Following his urgent instruction, the party sits as he relates some desert knowledge of poisons and stings in a few curt sentances. With the aid of Eleria and Abdul, the party helps each other to make slight 'X' shaped cuts over the wounds and do their best to suck out any poison that they can and spit it out onto the webbed surfaces around them.

Abdul is starting to feel the poison deaden his limbs until Xir matter of factly scratches an 'X' on his belly where he had taken the bite from the centipede. "Healed over, more difficult. Hold still." Xir extracts what he can of the poison and it seems to work as Abdul starts to feel better, or at least no worse.

Eleria had taken two bites and was starting to feel the effects of one of them. Finishing with Abdul, Xir moved over to her scratching over her arm wound and telling her to extract the poison herself while he bent over and without shyness, covered the wound on her thigh with his mouth. Sucking out the poison and spitting it out, he cleansed her wound as best as he could.

After a few seconds of that, Xir turned quickly to Elthic who waved him away and shook his head. "No thanks, I'm feelin' fine. Thanks anyway..."

Having rushed around helping everyone else, Xir stands still long enough to finally feel that his own muscles are starting to go numb. Wavering on his feet, he slips to one knee. Seeing him stagger, Abdul and Eleria both rush over and return his favor. Abdul uses his dagger to cut a line across the arm wound before Eleria raises the arm to her lips and does her best to remove the poison. Her best is appearently good enough as Xir starts to feel some of the strength return to his limb.

[sblock=OOC][sblock=Serious non-game question]Issue number one: After re-reading my above post, I realize that I'm seriously bending or breaking my own rule of not posting anything that forces certain actions on a player/character. I know that as DM, I have to do this to some degree, but I worry that the above is beyond that. I wrote the above thinking that it was a logical explanation of all the people doing healing checks on each other and I decided while writing that realistically this would require some physical contact on a level of familiarity not normal for people that just met an hour or two ago. As a storyteller, adding in a little tiny bit of tension (sexual tension? I don't know if I'd call it that, but the phrase comes to mind) ...anyway...adding in that bit of tension is usually fun and conducive to better roleplaying.

Unless...unless it's not fun for somebody because they don't want to roleplay anything like that. So if any of the above makes anyone uncomfortable, PLEASE tell me. I can delete it all or hide it and just leave the generic first paragraph that could stand alone and describe what we needed to describe. Also, obviusly I'm not trying to shoehorn anybody into RPing a relationship here if you don't want want to. I'm not even trying to encourage it. I won't be posting anything else later that assumes any of the above has any certain effects between people. All of the above was minor enough to be completely ignored if anyone wants to. You can OOC me with any concerns or e-mail me if you want it private for sure(e-mail address is in my public profile). If anybody wants me to lay off on posting actions for their characters I will be more than happy to oblige.

Sorry so rambling, but I wanted to make sure I'm not offending anyone because it's impossible to see people's faces like this to know instantly if I've gone over a line or struck a bad chord with someone, so I felt the need to ask explicitly.[/sblock]
Whew! That was a wild few rounds of helping one another!
Game-wise: still need new initiatives for Abdul, Elthic, and Xir.
Where do you all propose to rest? Theoretically, you could even go back to the RDI and then return if you want. Or you can camp out somewhere here. Let me know and I'll take care of the rest and continue.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: On a seperate note, I just learned that my computer moniter at home has decided to give up the ghost. Therefore, unless I'm able to procure a new one post-haste, I may not be posting at all this weekend. Hopefully it won't take that long, but if so then I'll post again on Monday.

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I’m fine with the DM using a bit of poetic licence if they consider how that character is likely to act under the circumstances. If you’re willing to describe things in vivid detail instead of just saying ‘heal successful’, I’m more than happy to enjoy reading it. And I agree - adding a bit of tension (sexual or otherwise) is all part of the rich tapestry of roleplaying. I know that I’ve been involved in World of Darkness campaigns that go well beyond the standard ‘mature’ rating. ;)

I have come across people in the past who live vicariously through their characters, though I think that most are mature enough to deal with that kind of thing. Besides, anything said or done in-character should always be taken in context. I never take any personal offence or additional meaning at what is said in-character, and I hope that others are the same. My characters, though, well… that will depend on them.

In this particular instance I think it crosses the familiarity threshold a bit fast, but I’m sure that Eleria would much rather have a stranger tending to her potentially lethal* wounds than suffer the consequences of the poison – I doubt any of the characters would have any idea of the value of a compression bandage for the more dangerous venomous bites.

*I know that it’ only DEX and STR damage, but a character is likely to consider a lot worse.[/sblock]

WarlockLord

First Post
Abdul states that the heroes should go to the inn and rest.

[sblock=OOC]
It's wounds tending. Abdul is very pragmatic about these things and views it quite impersonally. This won't lead to anything, and the abstract concept of familiarity needed to be violated to save lives.

Initiative: 1d20+7=16

OOC: Sorry about being the 'resty wizard'. I promise I'll prepare better spells next time.
[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I have no problem with the GM taking over our characters to speed up play (and make things a bit more interesting). If this were a face to face game, I'd be a little ticked, but it isn't - if you had us RP out the scene, we'd be out of action for at least a week. I'd much rather lose a tiny bit of "creative control" than wait that long!

So long as you don't make Elthic do something totally out of character (like refuse a drink!), I'm cool with it.[/sblock]

Elthic looks around the house warily as the poison-removing ritual continues. "I guess you desert people need to know about the removing of poisons. Dwarves don't need to know much about it, mind - usually when something poisonous stings us..." he chuckles, saying without words how rarely such an event happens, "our amazing dwarven fortitude proves to be too much for it to take effect."

He considers adding something more, but decides against it. "I'm all for keeping an eye on the house, but today has been crazy, eh? Why don't you head back to the Dragon Inn, and I'll take up camp somewhere nearby, and keep an eye on the place?"

Elthic's Initiative, take 2 (1d20+2=3) (OUCH!)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Didn't notice anything out of place, and Xir is as asexual as anything---and cares about stranger's social mores as much as he cares about other things he doesn't care about. :) Seemed exactly IC for Xir.[/sblock]
Though a bit weakened, the desert nomad attempts not to show it. "If rest is needed, it is needed. Our employer did not specify the time frame was today, though immediacy was suggested. However, vacating this place allows unseen foes to foment trouble."

Edit: Init (1d20+3=19)

Remove ads