• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Phineas's Dungeon Maps o' the Week (100 maps)

KB9JMQ

First Post
First, Thanks these are great.
Second - I yanked all of em. Can never have too many maps.
Third - What are you doing these in. I would love to give it a try.

Darrin

Phineas Crow

First Post
KB9JMQ said:
...What are you doing these in. I would love to give it a try.

Darrin

I use Campaign Cartographer 2 with the Dungeon Designer addon.

My maps aren't the best showcase of what the program can do since I ignore most of the fancy options and keep my maps simple.

Nifelhein

First Post
Phineas Crow said:
I use Campaign Cartographer 2 with the Dungeon Designer addon.

My maps aren't the best showcase of what the program can do since I ignore most of the fancy options and keep my maps simple.
That is no big deal for me, the map itself is hard for me because of the rational elements I must account for when doing it, yours have addressed it fairly well and have some degree of similarity to reality, so it is good for me.

Also, simple=good and for us all, as many have said, your maps=what we were looking for. ;)

Phineas Crow

First Post
Here is a look at what I can do with CC2. As you can see you can make some really nice looking maps with it, but its a trade off. You can't shrink the map without losing the details, so you end up with massively large maps.

ZpPoG.jpg

Last edited:

Sunaj2k3

First Post
Phineas's phine maps...

This is an excellent thread. Keep up the work and the great craftsmanship.

You mentioned awhile back you were interested in doing multi-level cave systems. I liked what you did with Undercellar. How about a set of maps that deal with the above and belowground levels of a floating/flying citadel?

Phineas Crow

First Post
Sunaj2k3 said:
How about a set of maps that deal with the above and belowground levels of a floating/flying citadel?

Well its not floating or flying, but the upcoming Knight's Stronghold (maps #067-072) is a multi-level castle with basements. No caves, but does feature a moat and moathouse.

I'm currently working on the Forgeworks (maps #082-087) an underground multi-level dwarven forge/mine complex.

And after that is the Forbidding Fortress (not numbered yet). While its not specifically designed as a floating citadel, it would be perfect to set upon a floating chunk of rock. I've postponed this one several times because its a complicated map. The fortress so large that it must be cut into sections, each map will feature one section with its different levels. For instance the Outer Bailey map will feature the Outer Bailey section and its 3 different levels.

Sunaj2k3

First Post
Phineas's Phanciphul and Phat Maps....

Phineas Crow said:
Well its not floating or flying, but the upcoming Knight's Stronghold (maps #067-072) is a multi-level castle with basements. No caves, but does feature a moat and moathouse.

I'm currently working on the Forgeworks (maps #082-087) an underground multi-level dwarven forge/mine complex.

And after that is the Forbidding Fortress (not numbered yet). While its not specifically designed as a floating citadel, it would be perfect to set upon a floating chunk of rock. I've postponed this one several times because its a complicated map. The fortress so large that it must be cut into sections, each map will feature one section with its different levels. For instance the Outer Bailey map will feature the Outer Bailey section and its 3 different levels.

Wow. Two complexes that require 6 maps EACH to describe them!? I haven't seen anything that big since I stumbled across the Dungeon of the Gods 1st level map on Planetadnd.com. I definitely look forward to seeing both complexes and will keep an eye out for the Forbidding Fortress as well.

I do have one minor suggestion for the multi sheet maps. I do not not know if this would be feasible or really worth the work, but for your more complex maps if you have some unused white space in a corner of the map page, you might consider using a simple small box/shaded box chart that shows where that particular map fits in relation to the larger, multi-sheet map.

MerakSpielman

First Post
The only suggestion I have is to make each map fit within a 10"x7" space so I can print them out more easily...

Keep up the good work, Phineas, so we don't have to!

Remove ads