• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Phyrric Legacy - Shackled City OOC Thread

Legildur

First Post
Malvoisin said:
Humanoid (Human) as favored enemy would not be a bad choice.
ALWAYS a good choice. One of the changes I liked best from 3.0 to 3.5 was the removal of the Evil alignment requirement to select your own race as a favoured enemy.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Incidentally, I have no idea whether or not Arak seems like he's an idiot or a genius here. I've consciously stayed away from Shackled City spoiler threads since the series began, other than discussions about the basic concepts, so I have no idea WTF is actually going on here. I actually feel like we're in way over our heads, but that's probably by design.

Malvoisin

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Incidentally, I have no idea whether or not Arak seems like he's an idiot or a genius here. I've consciously stayed away from Shackled City spoiler threads since the series began, other than discussions about the basic concepts, so I have no idea WTF is actually going on here. I actually feel like we're in way over our heads, but that's probably by design.
OOC: It is by design, actually. Or, at least, it seems that way to me too (since I'm not the actual designer...)

You're doing a really good job role-playing Arak, WBDB. There is definitely more going on than you know, but that's all part of the fun right? :)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
There are Shackled City spoiler threads? :uhoh:

I think we're all just doing our best to figure out what's going on here. With the circumstances as they are, there has to be a lot we don't know yet.

Malvoisin

First Post
Hi, everyone!

I want to apologize for the lack of updates these past few days. I've been both busy and sick, so I've tried to catch up on my rest during the downtime.

I am feeling better, and should be able to get back into the routine now. I may be able to get the next turn posted tonight, but if not, it will be tomorrow for sure.

Thanks!

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Glad to know you're doing better, Mal! (with a name like that, it's ironic anyway ;) Too vague?)

Malvoisin

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Glad to know you're doing better, Mal! (with a name like that, it's ironic anyway ;) Too vague?)
Not too vague for me... :)

The name Malvoisin translates from French as 'Bad Neighbor.' I lifted it from the old Commodore classic Defender of the Crown. One of the Norman nobles in that game was called Philippe Malvoisin, if I remember rightly. I've always found the name amusing. The avatar I use on this site is also a screenshot from that game.

(One of the other Normans was Reginald Front de Boeuf I think....that cracks me up too!)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads