Planes to Shape, Secrets to Keep... (Dromus)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Narine pats her head, blinks, and then shrugs. Well, at least it's serving a useful purpose while we transport it... Seeing the terrible state Dros was in, she dug out a greenish stone, and pressed it to his head, releasing the healing energy into him. "I'm so sorry! Here, this should help."

OOC - Using power stone of body adjustment

Kelleris

Explorer
Dros nods humbly at Narine's ministrations. "It's nothing, lady. Just had to keep up with you, is all." The lurid green energy of the power stone flashes once, and then goes dead, edging Dros's wounds with green light and closing them. Finished with his wounds, the green energy also repairs his clothes and, as a final touch, gathers Dros's torn and ill-kempt hair into a neat braid going down to his shoulders. He seems surprised at the attention, but grateful.

Your party moves down the alley, and you discover that your luck is holding so far - the alley forks about 20 feet down its length, going right and left, deeper into the maze between buildings. The alleys are otherwise identical, small trash-strewn ways barely large enough for one person to pass. A gigantic pitted iron spike looms into the sky somewhere down the left-hand side, its peak glowing a dull red.

Narine:
[sblock] The power stone's effect on Dros is extremely strange. You know of no way to twist the spell to restore clothing and appearance, and indeed body adjustment tends to leave pale scars except in the hands of skilled psionicists, which quickly fade. Even these are not in evidence on Dros's body. It would take an exceptionally skilled psion to manage such skillful body manipulation. [/sblock]

Cagthail:
[sblock] Out of the corner of your eye, you spot a flash of white. A quick glance ascertains the presence of your recent guide, Kyra, crouched on a rooftop and looking down at you. Her technique is excellent, her motions timed to avoid attracting attention, but she seems almost diffident about remaining hidden, as though she is not sure she wants to be spotted or not. She didn't notice your brief attention, but her eyes are fixed on your party. [/sblock]

Adinal:
[sblock]You suddenly get a feeling of being watched, magically or in person - almost the same feeling you get when you sense a negotiation going badly awry. A swift glance around shows no one, but you're feeling nervy enough to miss anything.[/sblock]

Illira:
[sblock] Are you maintaining the focus on detect magic to better keep track of the amulet/hair comb or dropping it back to mere aura sensitivity to keep a better eye on your surroundings? [/sblock]

Jolmo

First Post
Cagthail fixes his gaze at a rooftop and puts on a wary smile as he calls out, "You plan to watch us much longer, Kyra, or are you coming down?"

Last edited:

Kelleris

Explorer
Kyra starts, a flash of white cloth that draws everyone's attention to her rooftop perch. She flushes slightly in embarassment before replying. "Er, well, I hadn't really decided." Standing up, she attempts to brush the dirt of the rooftop off of her clothing, leaving light grey smudges at knee-level.

"I had hardly gotten more than a block away from the Sheets when I heard a crack of thunder... I couldn't just pass up the opportunity to see what my guidees have been up to, could I? Just arroved in the city, and already blowing up fair-sized buildings!" She cracks a grin. "Fast, if nothing else!"

"After watching the watchies scrambling to find you, I just couldn't resist tailing you for a bit," she adds, walking to the edge of the roof and taking a seat. "So, what's next? I hope you're not planning to stick around this district for much longer. I'd offer to guide you to a safer place, but" - with a distasteful glance toward Adinal - "I see you've already made some friends in the underbelly of society."

Cagthail: [sblock] OOC - Did you mean "wry" instead of "vary"? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Jolmo

First Post
"No, we're not staying here much longer..."

Cagthail looks around at the others and speaks over the mindlink. What do we tell her? I doubt we can keep her from following us if she wants to. Maybe she can be hired in place of Kestral, Adinal?

DM: [sblock]Actually, I meant wary (edited now). Not sure of her reasons for stalking us after all.[/sblock]

Kelleris

Explorer
Cagthail:
[sblock] OOC - Oh, sorry about that. I probably shouldn't have assumed it was a mistake in word choice before I thought it might be a plain ol' typo. Sorry about that. [/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Narine presses forward when Kyra arrives, and flashes the woman a smile. Though still puzzled over the curious side effects of her power stone, there were more pressing matters to deal with. "Delighted to meet you again Kyra. Adinal has been with us for a while, not a bad fellow really," Narine says cheefully.

Mad Hatter

First Post
Throught the midnlink: "I am all for leaving swiftly;however, I have important instruments in the room that I am staying. These would benefit us in the long run. The plan that I propose is for me to leave my tiger with Adinal and Narine. The rest of us could stop by my room quickly. WHat do you think?"

Zerth

First Post
DM:[sblock]Illira drops her concentration as the amulet has finally been found.[/sblock]

Illira turns to look at Kyra, when Cagthail spots her and speaks. She frowns a bit, when Kyra speaks not-too-highly about Adinal, but says nothing.

"I don't like leaving the amulet, but if you think we'll need your stuff, I'll trust you, Feiran," Illira 'speaks' through the mindlink.

Last edited:

Kelleris

Explorer
Kyra continues to peer down at you. At Narine's words, she speaks up again, cheerily saying, "Obviously you don't know the Shadowed Hand like I do. They aren't the worst lot in the city, but they're far from the best, too."

"So, should I be going? If you haven't any use for me, I suppose all I can do is scutter off."

Remove ads